Adding a button to a canv
Author Message
 Adding a button to a canv

  In a message on 25 May, wrote :

f5> Hi, The problem I seem to be having is this:
f5> I have a canvas widget in which i have drawn many lines, etc.  I want
f5> to place a button widget onto the canvas at a certain position.  Any idea
f5> on how to place this button, i've tried the -side, and -anchor options,
f5> but they do not do what I require.  Is there any way to position
f5> a widget in a canvas with coordinates (x and y positioning)?  Thanks in
f5> advance.
f5>
f5> Reg Sherwood

f5>

        canvas .c
        pack .c
        button .c.b
        .c create window $x $y -anchor nw -window .c.b

Robert
PS:  It is also posible to put text on the canvas, given it a non-flat
relief and give it button-like bindings and make is behave like to
button.  This latter has the advantage of being printable (.c postscript ...).
RPH
---
 t ATP/Linux 1.42 t OS-9/68000 -- The only *real* operating system.

--

Robert Heller                        ||BIX:        locks.hill.bbs
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~heller  ||FidoNet:    1:321/153

Mon, 10 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. adding buttons to toolbar of IE

2. Browse add buttons

3. Adding a button to IE?

4. Howto - Determine if the user selected ADD or CHANGE button

5. adding a next button

6. Adding a hyperlink to a button in CW 2003 Internet connnect

7. Add Another Button

8. Adding new 3D buttons in LV6?

9. add a picture to a button

10. can we ADD connection to FXShutterItem.button

11. NCSIM - Adding Buttons in the GUI - reagrding

12. add button to XFORMS in ADA95