Using Tcl/TK extensions in Windows 95/NT environments
Author Message
 Using Tcl/TK extensions in Windows 95/NT environments

Hi,

I've been using (non-extended) Tcl/TK for some time now, both on UNIX and on
PC  (great job there, guys!), and I was very happy that I could just use the
PC version without compiling anything.

Is there a way or place where we poor "non-compiler" people could get
pre-compiled versions of extensions to Tcl/TK, like itcl and BLT ?
(especially those two, but others also welcome :-))

And would this require a complete new set of binaries for tcl and tk for each
extension, or would a separate .dll for each extension be sufficient ?
I've heard some talk about dynamically loadable libraries before, but all that
doesn't seem to be available in a PC environment (yet?) ...

Thanks for any ideas or pointers,

Michel.

Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Tcl/TK extensions in Windows 95/NT environments

Quote:

>And would this require a complete new set of binaries for tcl and tk for each
>extension, or would a separate .dll for each extension be sufficient ?
>I've heard some talk about dynamically loadable libraries before, but all that
>doesn't seem to be available in a PC environment (yet?) ...

It is possible to build dynamically loadable extensions for Tcl under
Windows.  Take a look at the file win31-sample-ext.tar.* on the ftp
site.  It's a little out of date, but it should show you the basic
idea.  Note, however, that you must be using Borland C++ to build a
.dll that can be loaded by Tcl.  Either that or you need to build your
own copy of tcl/tk using your own compiler.

--Scott

Tue, 14 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Informix Extension to TCL/TK for Windows 3.1/95/NT

2. Tcl/Tk for Windows NT and Windows 95

3. Printing on Windows 95/NT from Tcl/TK?

4. Static Tcl/Tk-Version on Windows 95/NT

5. Shell problems with Tcl/Tk under Windows 95/NT

6. ALERT: possible infinite loop using Tcl sockets on Windows 95, NT

7. HowTo build tcl/tk for windows 95/NT as a static library

8. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

9. Using Tcl/TK with Windows 95

10. RTX 4.1 real-time extension for Windows NT and Ada 95

11. DLL extensions on Windows 95/NT?

12. ANN: Shortcut manipulation extension for TCL on NT/95