Is "output to printer" (Printing) that dificult ?
Author Message
 Is "output to printer" (Printing) that dificult ?

Hello everybody,

I am on Win2K with TCL/TK 8.3

i was searching for a way to transform some of the texts i produced into the
good old "Ink and Paper"  form.

i thought that this would not be a dificulty in tcl ... hmm

ok found out about lpr  ... transforming canvas's to PS and many more... yes
i searched google

the problems i have are  ... lpr cannot find the Server/Printer ... i am a
spoiled WinUser .. i want to say "Print $MyText" and the printer moves.

where can i find the package or which way do i have to go to get an "easier"
print.

thx in advance
Ansgar

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:04:23 GMT
 Is "output to printer" (Printing) that dificult ?

Quote:

> the problems i have are  ... lpr cannot find the Server/Printer ... i am a
> spoiled WinUser .. i want to say "Print $MyText" and the printer moves.

If you're printing text, just open the printer, print the text to it,
print a formfeed (with no newline after), and close the printer. Check
the printer properties to find out what the printer is named. It might
be something like "//./deskjet" or some such if it's shared, or
"//computer.over.there/deskjet" if it's a printer on someone else's
computer, or just "LPT1" if it's not buffered at all.

If you want to print graphics, there are extensions for that, but I
don't know what they are. Someone else will undoubtably tell you.

--
Darren New
  The opposite of always is sometimes.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:43:40 GMT
 Is "output to printer" (Printing) that dificult ?

:> the problems i have are  ... lpr cannot find the Server/Printer ... i am a
:> spoiled WinUser .. i want to say "Print $MyText" and the printer moves.

How does Windows do it?  Is there a way for your Tcl/Tk application to
invoke the same functionality via one of the Windows specific extensions?

--
"I know of vanishingly few people ... who choose to use ksh." "I'm a minority!"

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:18:16 GMT
 Is "output to printer" (Printing) that dificult ?
One method that might work would be to save the contents of your canvas
to a text file "MyText", then issuing
exec c:/winnt/notepad.exe /p $MyText

Or you could use the package winutils-0.2

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I am on Win2K with TCL/TK 8.3

> i was searching for a way to transform some of the texts i produced into the
> good old "Ink and Paper"  form.

> i thought that this would not be a dificulty in tcl ... hmm

> ok found out about lpr  ... transforming canvas's to PS and many more... yes
> i searched google

> the problems i have are  ... lpr cannot find the Server/Printer ... i am a
> spoiled WinUser .. i want to say "Print $MyText" and the printer moves.

> where can i find the package or which way do i have to go to get an "easier"
> print.

> thx in advance
> Ansgar

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:16:29 GMT

1. Printing to "Windows Printers"

2. Printing to "windows only" printers

3. Printing to an "Windows only printer"

4. printer doesn't "print window"

5. PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. Looking for "pretty-printer"/reformatter for AWK

8. REXX source "pretty printer" program

9. Output of your job "N.Buch"

10. Output of your job "BCL"

11. Output of your job "BCL"