expects send limitation for 256 chars?
Author Message
 expects send limitation for 256 chars?

I read in the expect book about the 256 char limitation on terminal drivers in
cooked mode (page 274).

Given that we want to drive with expect (dejagnu) another programm that
has the tcl interpreter built-in and accepts tcl commands from the command-line,
what is the best way to avoid that limitation?

As I understand it, raw mode is not a solution since the usual tcl-interpreter
uses line-mode to read the caracters from the terminal driver.

Ist the only solution to avoid pty's alltogether. We definitely have to use
information-chunks of more than 256 chars within one send command.

Thanks for any hints.

Hermann Hueni

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Expect: send's 256 character limitation

2. Send buffer limitations in TCL/EXPECT

3. Problems with picture (256 color) on desktop with colorsettings 256 colors

4. Sending keypad chars from expect

5. send specical keyboard char. under TCL/Expect

6. Sending Control Char in Expect

7. Sending 8-bit chars in Expect

8. EXPECT: Howto "exp_send" more than 256 chars at once...

9. Expect: sending a file as one big send string

10. Expect: sending a file as one big send string

11. EXPECT QUESTION - send will not send

12. Expect: send/expect command not working properly (must be simple)