Text widgets as basic text editors?
Author Message
 Text widgets as basic text editors?

hello friends,

I need a very simply text editor.

Can I do it using a text widget? It has everything I need except maybe
cursor controls (how do i do this?)

I simply want a text widget and an okay button which will take the contents
of the widget and save it to a file somewhere.

Is this simply doable? I've look at TkMan, but it's a bit vague. (for me)

Thanks,
wayne.

Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:31:19 GMT

1. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)

2. embedding text widgets in other text widgets

3. Text editor in Basic code ???

4. Text editor with slightly fancy text abilities

5. Text Editor Widget

6. VisualWorks: Text Editor widget

7. Making a split screen editor using Tk Text Widgets

8. a simple editor based on text widget

9. Tk multi-line text editor widget?

10. Tkinter text-widget, getting the text

11. Tkinter code for formatted text in Text widget?

12. text widget must follow end of text only if associated scrollbar is at bottom