Clock calculations 
Author Message
 Clock calculations

Is it possible to add a section to the Tcl Usage FAQ about [clock] and
how to do basic functions with it?
I.e.
"I want to calculate the number of hours of some elapsed event."
%set secsperhour 3600.00
3600.00
%set elapsedTime [expr ([clock scan "04:30 PM"] - [clock scan "08:00
AM"]) / $secsperhour]
8.5

etc. etc.
Or is this not a common thing?  Not just calculating hours, but general
use of the [clock].  Seems like a lot of questions about [clock]
floating around and a general explanation of how to do simple things
would be nice.



Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Clock calculations


Quote:
>Is it possible to add a section to the Tcl Usage FAQ about [clock] and
>how to do basic functions with it?

                        .
                        .
                        .

Quote:
>use of the [clock].  Seems like a lot of questions about [clock]
>floating around and a general explanation of how to do simple things
>would be nice.

My reaction is that you'll likely to find it more
rewarding simply to seed a Wiki page with a few of
these questions, and any answers you have, and then
enjoy watching contributions from others crystallize
around your scaffolding.
--


Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html



Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Clock calculations
Quote:

> My reaction is that you'll likely to find it more
> rewarding simply to seed a Wiki page with a few of
> these questions, and any answers you have, and then
> enjoy watching contributions from others crystallize
> around your scaffolding.
> --



Sat, 08 Mar 2003 13:33:10 GMT  
 Clock calculations


:Is it possible to add a section to the Tcl Usage FAQ ...

It would be so wonderful if someone came along to adopt the Tcl Usage FAQ
or the Tk Usage FAQ.  Another possibility would be to convert these
documents, and perhaps some of the others, into web/wiki type pages.

I've not seen any updates posted to either the Tcl or the Tk usage FAQs
for quite a long time.

--
<URL: https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=lvirden%40yahoo.com>

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting
should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.



Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. clock count calculation

2. URGENT: How perform a calculation independetly from the clock

3. wrong "clock" calculation

4. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails

5. change TOD clock with set and store clock

6. How to do IP clock balance with external clock

7. How to Generate 1MHz clock from 44MHz Clock??

8. Problem with clocking logic usign a derived clock

9. Gated Clock(double rate clock)?

10. clocking on rising AND falling edge of a clock

11. rising_edge(clock) vs clock'event

12. Gated Clock(double rate clock)?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software