Is there a window resize event?!?
Author Message
 Is there a window resize event?!?

Hi there,

I have a Tcl application with a number of toplevel windows.
What I what to do is to call a Tcl proc when a window
is resized by dragging the corner with the mouse. Is there
an event that I can bind? I saw the event RequestResize in
Ousterhout's book but it doesn't seem to be in Tcl 8.0
for Windows. Help! How do I pull it off?

"I haven't lost my mind, I have it backed up
on tape somewhere."

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a window resize event?!?

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I have a Tcl application with a number of toplevel windows.
>What I what to do is to call a Tcl proc when a window
>is resized by dragging the corner with the mouse. Is there
>an event that I can bind? I saw the event RequestResize in
>Ousterhout's book but it doesn't seem to be in Tcl 8.0
>for Windows. Help! How do I pull it off?

>"I haven't lost my mind, I have it backed up
>on tape somewhere."

You may use

bind $pathName <Configure> $cmd

Chengye Mao

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a window resize event?!?

Quote:
>Hi there,

>I have a Tcl application with a number of toplevel windows.
>What I what to do is to call a Tcl proc when a window
>is resized by dragging the corner with the mouse. Is there
>an event that I can bind? I saw the event RequestResize in

                        .
                        .
                        .
bind $window <Configure> ...
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. resize events in pop11 graphic windows

2. Events when user resizes window

3. bind to window resize event?

4. window resize event name?

5. Detect window resize event

6. window resize event

7. Catching Window Resize Event

8. Event Protocol handlers (resizing windows)

9. Q: resizing listbox with window resize

10. VA3.0b - window resizing on form resize

11. Resizing Window in windows

12. C5b: Window formatter resizes window when toolbar is used