Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes
Author Message
 Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes

How can I make a tk-listbox behave like a microsoft windows listbox,
ie. so that I can you the shift and control keys to select a number of
disjoint groups of entries.

Do I do it through changing the bindings.

Thanks

Jon

Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes
You cannot select "multiple disjoint groups of entries" with the standard
listbox supplied with Tk. There is a listbox widget written by somebody that
you can compile into your version of Tk. I cannot remember right at this moment
where to pick it up from. If you are interested, email me and I'll dig it up
for you. I ran into this problem myself. I worked around it without the patch
by making two listboxes and setting up some move-from-list-to-list buttons so
that you can select an object or range of objects from the "available" listbox,
and press a button to add it to the "selected" listbox and vice versa. This
gives the same overall functionality. I believe that you might have seen this
type of setup before in some M$-Windoze dialogs.

Quote:

>How can I make a tk-listbox behave like a microsoft windows listbox,
>ie. so that I can you the shift and control keys to select a number of
>disjoint groups of entries.

>Do I do it through changing the bindings.

>Thanks

>Jon

Daniel Paul Zepeda

Western Geophysical
Applied Technology Software - Testing

Tue, 23 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tk Listbox bindings (was: Tk Listbox Question)

2. MS Windows Style Directory Listbox

3. Listbox background paint and *my* listbox bug

4. listbox-rtb (listbox recolor) for TK4.0

5. Listbox on reports makes all other fields BLACK!

6. Making 2 listboxes move in synch ? VX-REXX

7. making a listbox wider

8. Tk Listbox Question

9. Grail and Tk Listboxes

10. ListBoxes [Tk]

11. Need assistance with TK listboxes/dropboxes

12. Listbox position (TK)