Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?
Author Message
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?

I would like to run a remote application on remote Windows XP host. Is
there any way to fulfill it?

Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:58:17 GMT
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?

Quote:

>I would like to run a remote application on remote Windows XP host. Is
>there any way to fulfill it?

There's not supposed to be--not in full generality.  To be able to
execute on a "vanilla" remote Windows XP host is the opposite of
security.

With a slightly relaxed definition, though, there are plenty of
ways around this.  Are you in a position to have the telnet service
running on the Windows XP host?  Or Remote Access?  Or a VNC server?
Or a service you create yourself?

Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:08:02 GMT
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?

# >I would like to run a remote application on remote Windows XP host. Is
# >there any way to fulfill it?
# >
#
# There's not supposed to be--not in full generality.  To be able to
# execute on a "vanilla" remote Windows XP host is the opposite of
# security.

(snicker) Windows (snicker) security (snicker) (snicker)

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
Why are we here?

Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:27:47 GMT
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?

Quote:

>I would like to run a remote application on remote Windows XP host. Is
>there any way to fulfill it?

In private e-mail, Mr. Lin elaborated, "I could control remote host
via Telnet session. But, beside this, is there any other method more
convenient for TCL?"

Mr. Lin, I'll send you a copy of my answer in e-mail, but please
reply (also) in the newsgroup, so others have the opportunity to
contribute.

In the situation I understand you have, you can
1.  configure telnet as a service, and automate telnet; or
2.  set up your own tiny Tcl application as a Windows
    service <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1795 > to receive
    your remote requests.

Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:08:03 GMT
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?
Thanks!

Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:47:46 GMT
 Is there anyway to execute remote application on remote host?
We had a request for this a month or two ago.

I wrote an RPC system for TCL code. It's posted to the wiki:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

It uses a safe interpreter to {*filter*}-room your code.

Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:38:08 GMT

1. Executing an exe application on a remote computer

2. Make a remote panel file dialog open remote directory

3. how to make a remote panel file dialog open remote directory from any computer

4. Calling servlets on remote hosts

5. Performing stuff on a remote-host

6. Send multiple lines to remote host

7. plugin and remote execution on host

8. Executing a dump of a remote mysql server

9. Executing a remote process via WMI in Win32.

10. Newbie Question, Executing remote programs

11. ST - A Remote Server Application

12. Running application remote, how many kbs ADSL-connection?