Tcl/Tk and MS-Windows 3.1
Author Message
 Tcl/Tk and MS-Windows 3.1

I'm using the Tcl/Tk distribution in a MS-Windows 3.1 environment (at
home) and I've got some questions about this distribution, that are
not solved entirely by the FAQ:

        - which fonts and font sizes are available for Tcl/Tk in Windows-3.1?
          (the FAQ says something about 'limited use'...)

        - why are the (middle and) right mouse-button not recognized
          by the Windows-3.1 distribution?

Here, at the university, I'm using Tcl/Tk as well (Unix) and
everything works fine (fonts and mousebuttons)...

thanks in advance,
                        Hans Burg
--

        www home-page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jfmburg/
        address:        Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Holland

Sun, 20 Jul 1997 15:35:43 GMT
 Tcl/Tk and MS-Windows 3.1
:I'm using the Tcl/Tk distribution in a MS-Windows 3.1 environment (at
:home) and I've got some questions about this distribution, that are
:not solved entirely by the FAQ:

:       - which fonts and font sizes are available for Tcl/Tk in
Windows-3.1?
:         (the FAQ says something about 'limited use'...)

I don't know the answer to this question, yet.

:       - why are the (middle and) right mouse-button not recognized
:         by the Windows-3.1 distribution?

This stems from the history of mice on the PC and Microsoft.  The mouse
supported by Microsoft had only two buttons.  Other vendors, notably
Logitech and Mouse Systems, had three-button mice.  The third button was
placed between the first two.  As a result the ordering is 1/3/2 on the
mouse
rather that 1/2/3 as on UNIX workstations.  This is the cause of the swap.
Note that under Linux there is no swap, so it seems to me that this should
have been accounted for in the MS Windows port.  BTW which Tcl/Tk port
are you refering to and where can I get it?

:Here, at the university, I'm using Tcl/Tk as well (Unix) and
:everything works fine (fonts and mousebuttons)...

Regards

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:53:30 GMT
 Tcl/Tk and MS-Windows 3.1
: :I'm using the Tcl/Tk distribution in a MS-Windows 3.1 environment (at
: :home) and I've got some questions about this distribution, that are
: :not solved entirely by the FAQ:

: BTW which Tcl/Tk port are you refering to and where can I get it?

I forgot to mention it:

        {tkwinbin,tkwin,fedloc}.zip      at: ftp.ms.uky.edu/pub/tk-win/

Sorry,
                        Hans
--

        www home-page:  http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jfmburg/
        address:        Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Holland

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:55:07 GMT

1. Tcl/TK for MS-Windows (3.1/95)

2. TCL/TK for Windows 3.1 (or MS-DOS) ?

3. TK for MS Windows 3.1

4. ANNOUNCE: TK for MS Windows 3.1

5. REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11

6. Problems with tiled Windows under MS-Windows 3.1

7. Question about tcl/tk on Windows 3.1

8. Tcl/Tk and Windows 3.1

9. Informix Extension to TCL/TK for Windows 3.1/95/NT

10. URGENT-HELP-TCL/TK on Windows 3.1

11. Tcl/Tk for Windows 3.1

12. TCL/TK on Windows 3.1 dll problem