Detecting Server Dead...
Author Message
 Detecting Server Dead...

Hello All,

I've just inherited a Tcl/Tk/Tix application which is always displaying
on an XServer. I need to make the application detect and ignore the
death of the Xserver and restart the Tcl/Tk/Tix graphical user interface
when the XServer is being restarted.

Can anybody tell me whether there exists some kind of Tcl error
mechanism (like the Xserver Error_Handler) which is being called when
the server actually dies ?

Or.... does anybode have some real bright ideas about how to tackle this
kind of problem ?

Bye the way... no, no... restarting the application is not an option...

Thanks in advance,

Geert Nuyttens

   --- live without a hug is as boring as software without a bug ---

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DEAD DEAD DEAD

2. detecting dead sockets?

3. SWIG Server Dead ?

4. Detect lost server quickly

5. How to detect client closed socket in server?

6. Dead keys are dead?

7. Detect DNS Server online....

8. Q: How to detect when server socket dies???

9. Detecting X-Server ???

10. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

11. Generic Server now includes distributed ST and RMI registry, tuple spaces and web server

12. heavy server/light client is good [was Re: [Gem] Gemstone server performance]