unknown option "-class" error 
Author Message
 unknown option "-class" error

Hi,
 I am new to Tcl/Tk.  I have to use a product that pipes commands into the
wish  (run with "wish -" from Unix shell) interpreter after it has the
interpreter source a large startup file which creates a large number of
procs and startup program.  A Unix application then is supposed
to pipe wish/tcl commands into the running wish tocreate a user GUI on the
screen and
interact with the user.

The problem is that there is a command

entry .e_is1 -class FglEntry

to create a text entry field which is bombing with the error

" unknown option '-class' "

The man pages do not list -class as a valid option for entry, so the error
message makes sense
but I am probably misinterpreting it.

I am using 8.0.4 tcl and tk libraries on HPUX 11.0 and have environment
variables set to
point to the respective library directories.

This product that this script comes with has been out for a while and I am
surprised
if this behavior is a bug.  I am missing something here.  Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim



Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:01:24 GMT  
 unknown option "-class" error
hi,
there are several posible reasons and solutions possible...

Quote:
> The problem is that there is a command
> entry .e_is1 -class FglEntry
> to create a text entry field which is bombing with the error
> " unknown option '-class' "
> The man pages do not list -class as a valid option for entry, so the
error
> message makes sense but I am probably misinterpreting it.

from the aspect of standard ?tk you are correct, two possible reasons i
see right away (not considering anymore at this time) are:
1: The code was broken all the time but no one noticed as it is only
beeing used since it appeared.
2: The entry -widget was overlayed with some other (possibly very
similar) implementation. In this scenario maybe the package defining the
overlayed version wasn't loaded for some reason and leaves you with the
original version that doesn't understand the option ?-class...

Too little information to dig any futher... hope this helps you step
foreward. ;-)

Quote:
> I am using 8.0.4 tcl and tk libraries on HPUX 11.0 and have environment
> variables set to
> point to the respective library directories.

Have you moved the installation? Did you pick-up every lib-path etc.?

Quote:
> This product that this script comes with has been out for a while and I
am
> surprised
> if this behavior is a bug.  I am missing something here.  Any ideas would
be
> appreciated.

Well, have you got the original install-scripts or however the software
was installed/configured. Do you have the chance to do a fresh install?
Check the code after that.

hope it helps have fun!



Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:58:21 GMT  
 unknown option "-class" error


:The problem is that there is a command
:
:entry .e_is1 -class FglEntry
:
:to create a text entry field which is bombing with the error
:
:" unknown option '-class' "

I wonder if there is something in itcl/itk/iwidgets called "entry" ?
Perhaps originally the code was depending on an itk based wish?

--
"I know of vanishingly few people ... who choose to use ksh." "I'm a minority!"

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting
should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.



Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:42:17 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ERR: TclTk/ ET : unknown option "-state"

2. ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"

3. tkpvm: "Unknown PVM-packet" error

4. Error: unknown color name "Black"

5. tkButtonEnter: Error: unknow option "-state"

6. Help with an "unknown" APL2 symbol

7. Unknown Variable "%AppTemplateFamily"

8. ANYONE ELSE GETTING "UNKNOWN" NEWS POSTINGS

9. CP shows "Unknown Image Format"

10. +define+unknown="'bx" chokes verilog

11. "Unknown Command: -quiet" in mingw

12. PTUI problem, "lifo::lifo": unknown namespace

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software