lsort Half Numerical Half Text
Author Message
 lsort Half Numerical Half Text

Is there a known compare command for something like the following?

% lsort -command compare { b8 b18 a3 a11 a22 a2 a1 }
a1 a2 a3 a11 a22 b8 b18

BTW: If there isn't a canned way of doing it, don't go through any
trouble.  I'll write the -compare function.  I'm being lazy I know!

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:22:52 GMT
 lsort Half Numerical Half Text

Quote:

> Is there a known compare command for something like the following?

> % lsort -command compare { b8 b18 a3 a11 a22 a2 a1 }
> a1 a2 a3 a11 a22 b8 b18

Are you looking for [lsort -dictionary] ?

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |

| http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/                                  NIST |

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:28:33 GMT
 lsort Half Numerical Half Text
Yes. Thanks.  I was looking at an old reference manual that didn't
have the -dictionary option.
Quote:

> > Is there a known compare command for something like the following?

> > % lsort -command compare { b8 b18 a3 a11 a22 a2 a1 }
> > a1 a2 a3 a11 a22 b8 b18

> Are you looking for [lsort -dictionary] ?

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 05:35:37 GMT

1. half object/half dictionary

2. Enhancement suggestion (half-baked)

3. Looking how to draw a half circle

4. Database half-baked?

5. Loop Question - Only getting half the records

6. C4b ABC - Report shifts half a page to the right

7. Closing window half way through OK button using ABC/Update Templates

8. ANN:Get gReg at HALF PRICE!

9. Sather 0.5: half way to Sather 1.0 -- sort of

10. Half length printing

11. RS-485 Half Duplex and Serial vi's

12. Moving printer half line?