Spawning console programs with I/O redirection and (preferably no) visible console
Author Message
 Spawning console programs with I/O redirection and (preferably no) visible console

Quote:
>Simply exec-ing CL.EXE (and similar programs) with redirected I/O
>causes them
>to bring up a console which they never write to -- annoying.
>The same happens if I start CL.EXE via a simple home-brew wrapper program
>(using libc's spawn() function).

Tim,

Have a look for Knowledge Base article Q126031 "PRB: Repeated Blank
Screens During Build Process in VC++" to see if that helps in your
situation.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to spawn a program with redirection as it parameter

2. redirection of unit 6 // Console-mode to Windows port

3. console redirection to Tkinter

4. Q Porting HP Console-Based FORTRAN Program to Win32 Console

5. Needs sample Cobol programs (preferably with associated jcl)

6. multi-threaded *nix program needs to spawn an external program/script

7. CANVAS items visible/not visible ?

8. Help: Simple redirection in REXX, OS/2

9. redirection in OS/2

10. OS/2 redirection

11. OS/2 redirection

12. More redirection in OS/2