CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4
Author Message
 CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

Probably a stupid question: I'm writing a C extension and I'm not
exactly sure how to write code that compiles cleanly against both Tcl
8.3 and Tcl 8.4.

Specifically I'm stumped by Tcl_GetIndexFromObj's third argument -- it
changed from char ** in Tcl8.3 to CONST84 char ** in Tcl 8.4. How do I
write a call to this function that will compile with both Tcl 8.3's and
Tcl 8.4's tcl.h?

Thanks! --JYL

Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:10:07 GMT
 CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

Quote:

> Probably a stupid question: I'm writing a C extension and I'm not
> exactly sure how to write code that compiles cleanly against both Tcl
> 8.3 and Tcl 8.4.

> Specifically I'm stumped by Tcl_GetIndexFromObj's third argument -- it
> changed from char ** in Tcl8.3 to CONST84 char ** in Tcl 8.4. How do I
> write a call to this function that will compile with both Tcl 8.3's and
> Tcl 8.4's tcl.h?

Does
    http://wiki.tcl.tk/3669
help?

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin

Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:28:20 GMT
 CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4
Yep, thanks! I chose to use option 4, i.e. to use CONST84.

--JYL

Quote:

>>Probably a stupid question: I'm writing a C extension and I'm not
>>exactly sure how to write code that compiles cleanly against both Tcl
>>8.3 and Tcl 8.4.

>>Specifically I'm stumped by Tcl_GetIndexFromObj's third argument -- it
>>changed from char ** in Tcl8.3 to CONST84 char ** in Tcl 8.4. How do I
>>write a call to this function that will compile with both Tcl 8.3's and
>>Tcl 8.4's tcl.h?

> Does
>     http://wiki.tcl.tk/3669
> help?

> --
> 73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin

Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:20:15 GMT

1. Stubs with Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

2. Q: speed open call Tcl 8.3 vs 8.4

3. problem about tcl 8.3 and 8.4

4. Tcl 8.4 more DOSsy than 8.3 ?

5. 8.4 vs 8.3

6. trace incompatibility in 8.4 and 8.3 ?

7. glob difference between 8.3 and 8.4

8. Tk 8.3 -> 8.4, surprisingly slow text widget

9. cross-version voodoo: handling 8.3 / 8.4 private structure changes

10. Tcl/tk 8.0 vs. 8.4 Question

11. TCL is not thread safer in TCL 8.3 or 8.4... Any plans to fix this?

12. Looking for the Tcl Plugin that is based on Tcl 8.3