expect can't read env(TCL_LIBRARY)
Author Message
 expect can't read env(TCL_LIBRARY)

Hi,

  I've a problem with redhat linux 7.3 with tcl8.3 and expect installed.
  when I run my expect script I got the following error:

  Tcl_Init failed: can't read "env(TCL_LIBRARY)": no such variable

  But I've set this variable as

  export TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/tcl8.3

  and echo $TCL_LIBRARY get the right result.

  What's wrong with my expect configuration?

--
Wang Yin
DA Lab, Tsinghua University,

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:26:17 GMT
 expect can't read env(TCL_LIBRARY)

Quote:

>   I've a problem with redhat linux 7.3 with tcl8.3 and expect installed.
>   when I run my expect script I got the following error:

>   Tcl_Init failed: can't read "env(TCL_LIBRARY)": no such variable

Something is wrong with your expect binary.  You can recompile, or
just grab ActiveTcl:
        http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
which comes with expect (just as a library, no expect executable is
needed in modern Tcl, just say 'package require Expect').

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:41:43 GMT

1. Don't silently ignore $env(TCL_LIBRARY)

2. can't read env(DISPLAY) from regexp with $env(DISPLAY)

3. env(TCL_LIBRARY) ...

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. Expect: Trouble 'expect'ing linefeeds

10. parsing ENV['PATH']

11. ENV['HOME'] on win32

12. unshifting a directory onto ENV['PATH']