Use mysqltcl without install
Author Message
 Use mysqltcl without install

Hello,

I already could install and work with mysqltcl library in my computer,
but now I have to work with this library but in this case I can't
install mysqltcl because I have to work in other location and I don't
have permission for installing this.

Anybody Know how I can do? How I can do for working with mysqltcl
without install this library?

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:02:05 GMT
 Use mysqltcl without install
Quote:

> Hello,

> I already could install and work with mysqltcl library in my computer,
> but now I have to work with this library but in this case I can't
> install mysqltcl because I have to work in other location and I don't
> have permission for installing this.

> Anybody Know how I can do? How I can do for working with mysqltcl
> without install this library?

I assume your talking about using MySQL. Otherwise your question makes
no sense, if mysqltcl isn't there you simply cannot work with mysqltcl.

If you cannot install the mysqltcl client library on the system your
using you basically have to live with the tcl packages installed there
by your systemadmin. Depending on the severity of "NO" the admin gave
you have several options.

a) don't install systemwide, put it in your user folder and just change
your auto_path so it is found
b) wrap it into a starkit which extracts the lib at runtime to the
systems tmp folder and loads from there
c) use comm to connect to a machine where you have mysqltcl and connect
from there over sockets to the mysqld
d) write your own pure tcl mysql client code (should be possible for the
connections over sockets, at least for postgresql someone did it).
e) open or exec an installed command line utility that can talk to mysql
and control it via a pipe or expect

and so on..., talking to the sysadmin may help, depending on your
situation.

Michael

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:25:23 GMT

1. mysqltcl fails to install

2. install mysqltcl 3.0 in Redhat 9 with ActivestateTCL

3. Create data base using mysqltcl

4. Using keyboard and disk without using interrupts

5. Finding Average without using Recusrion only using Prog

6. Using proxy without using doesNotUnderstand?

7. (fwd) Re: Using proxy without using doesNotUnderstand?

8. Can I run Vi's from TestStand without Labview installed

9. Object Rexx--how to install without OpenDoc?

10. Help!!!!......Install and run ada 2.07 for winNT3.5 without C++2.0

11. Installing modules (SciPy) without root permission.

12. Use python without install it.