TK and graphical output
Author Message
 TK and graphical output

Hi,
I am wondering which the best way is to solve the following task:
From a Canvas I start with a mouse-click a application (this already  works) but
the output of the application should appear on a additional window. This output
can be graphical or only text. I also would like to enter text like path names.
I would appriciate if I can get hints and information how to do this.

Matthias

Sun, 28 Apr 1996 20:44:39 GMT
 TK and graphical output

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering which the best way is to solve the following task:
> From a Canvas I start with a mouse-click a application (this already  works)
> but the output of the application should appear on a additional window. This
> output can be graphical or only text. I also would like to enter text like
> path names.
> I would appriciate if I can get hints and information how to do this.
> Matthias

To create another window use the toplevel command. This will get a new window
for you, which you can use just like the . window.

The entry widget is used to enter text. If you need path names, there are
several file selection boxes around, so you can use one of them in conjunction
with your entry, to aid users.
--

Tel: Intl+972+4-313610
Disclaimer: This message will destroy itself in 5 seconds.

Mon, 29 Apr 1996 13:41:29 GMT

1. Capturing graphical output?

2. COMServer graphical output

3. ANNOUNCE: gbutton - fancy graphical buttons for Tk

4. Looking for a TCL/TK Graphical tool

5. Book: Graphical Applications with Tcl/Tk, 2/e

6. Graphical Application in TCL/TK

7. Wrapping TK around Graphical Word Perfect

8. Graphical Tk-extension

9. SpecTcl graphical user interface builder for Tk released

10. Tcl/Tk interface to NIS+ / Graphical frontend to NIS+

11. Outline: Building Graphical User Interfaces in Tcl/Tk

12. Course Description: Building Graphical User Interfaces in Tcl/TclX/Tk