tknews - "article not posted"
Author Message
 tknews - "article not posted"

I keep getting follow up posts rejected because they don't contain enough
new text. What decides that text is "new", and can this limit be changed
anywhere?

Seems that if line starts with whitespace (e.g. C code) it is assumed
to be "old", is this right?

I would not be so bad if file was still around but it deletes it!

Mon, 09 Dec 1996 01:17:51 GMT
 tknews - "article not posted"

Quote:

>I keep getting follow up posts rejected because they don't contain enough
>new text. What decides that text is "new", and can this limit be changed
>anywhere?

        This depends on your posting program.  Most consider any line
beginning with a ">" to be a follow-up line.  However, this could be
configured even more harshly at your site.

        However, I think it is more likely there is an error running
your news poster.  Tknews is only "guessing" that the error is occurring
because you have too much included text (hence the question mark at the
end of the warning message) -- the actual error may be quite different.

        Not exactly desired behaviour, but then this is beta software.

        All current work on tknews is being done on the threaded version,
so tknews1.2b is not going to be seeing any more updates.  I expect to have
an "official" release by the end of the summer -- but schedules being what
they are I'd not even dream of promising that's how it will go. :)

        As usual, I'd like to ask anyone interested in beta-testing or
coding on the up-coming threaded tknews to please contact me if you
have not done so.  There is a mailing list set up for discussion and
code updates.

        Also, a preview of tknews can be found on the World Wide Web :

        http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~mdm/tknews.html

        -Michael
--

Work Phone (614) 292-7345       Home Phone  (614) 471-1937
WWW home page : "http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~mdm"

Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:03:09 GMT

2. Reply to Article "I hate Forth"

3. ANN: "Interacting with CORBA" article

4. Ada Article in "COTS Journal"

5. Recent CACM "viewpoint" article

6. Match "ab" in "abc", but not in "abd"

8. "Destructors" and dynamic pre/post-conditions

9. : script CGI - clipper 5.2 - Method="POST"

10. Preprint: "Cecil is Post-Object"

11. Updated "Oberon resources" posted

12. Question "Posting Semapore using REXX "