ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released

This message announces the release of freeWrap version 5.6

The freeWrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary executable
programs. freeWrap can wrap TCL/TK applications that consist of multiple
script and binary files. freeWrap combines all the files together into a
single executable file.

freeWrap 5.6 is based on TCL/TK 8.4.4

freeWrap executables are freely available for both Linux and Windows.

Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and UNIX
platforms is also freely available.

The following additional variation of freeWrap is also available for
download:

     freewrapBLT         a windowing application that includes TCL/TK and
the BLT extension (Linux only)
     freewrapTCLSH       a console-only application which includes only TCL.

Please visit the freeWrap home page:

          http://www.*-*-*.com/

Changes implemented in version 5.6
------------------------------------

1) A new freeWrap command line option has been added to specify the Windows
program icon to use for the wrapped application.

2) A generic ZIP file creation capability has been added with a
new ::freewrap::makeZIP command. This command incorporates the capabilities
of the Info-ZIP ZIP2.3 program directly into the freeWrap code.

3) FreeWrap no longer uses a separate ZIP program to do its work. ZIP
capabilities have been compiled directly into freeWrap.

4) The WINICO extension for Windows has been added back into freeWrap.

5) The ::freewrap::getStubSize command now returns a correct, non-zero value
under Linux. This fix also enables the ::freewrap::reconnect command to
work under Linux since ::freewrap::reconnect called ::freewrap:getStubSize.

6) FreeWrap no longer performs source code encryption. This "protection" is
rather weak when used in script-wrapping applications. Therefore, this
feature has been removed.

7) You no longer need write permission to script files you will be wrapping.

Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:17:50 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released

Quote:

> This message announces the release of freeWrap version 5.6

> The freeWrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary executable
> programs. freeWrap can wrap TCL/TK applications that consist of multiple
> script and binary files. freeWrap combines all the files together into a
> single executable file.

> freeWrap 5.6 is based on TCL/TK 8.4.4

> freeWrap executables are freely available for both Linux and Windows.

> Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and UNIX
> platforms is also freely available.

> The following additional variation of freeWrap is also available for
> download:

>      freewrapBLT         a windowing application that includes TCL/TK and
> the BLT extension (Linux only)
>      freewrapTCLSH       a console-only application which includes only TCL.

> Please visit the freeWrap home page:

>           http://freewrap.sourceforge.net

> Changes implemented in version 5.6
> ------------------------------------

> 1) A new freeWrap command line option has been added to specify the Windows
> program icon to use for the wrapped application.

> 2) A generic ZIP file creation capability has been added with a
> new ::freewrap::makeZIP command. This command incorporates the capabilities
> of the Info-ZIP ZIP2.3 program directly into the freeWrap code.

> 3) FreeWrap no longer uses a separate ZIP program to do its work. ZIP
> capabilities have been compiled directly into freeWrap.

> 4) The WINICO extension for Windows has been added back into freeWrap.

This is a great and handy tool.

Thanks especially for the icon feature and for
puting winico back in.

Roy Terry

> 5) The ::freewrap::getStubSize command now returns a correct, non-zero value
> under Linux. This fix also enables the ::freewrap::reconnect command to
> work under Linux since ::freewrap::reconnect called ::freewrap:getStubSize.

> 6) FreeWrap no longer performs source code encryption. This "protection" is
> rather weak when used in script-wrapping applications. Therefore, this
> feature has been removed.

> 7) You no longer need write permission to script files you will be wrapping.

Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:34:25 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released
Dennis LaBelle schrieb:

Quote:
> This message announces the release of freeWrap version 5.6

> The freeWrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary executable
> programs. freeWrap can wrap TCL/TK applications that consist of multiple
> script and binary files. freeWrap combines all the files together into a
> single executable file.

> freeWrap 5.6 is based on TCL/TK 8.4.4

> freeWrap executables are freely available for both Linux and Windows.

> Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and UNIX
> platforms is also freely available.

> The following additional variation of freeWrap is also available for
> download:

>      freewrapBLT         a windowing application that includes TCL/TK and
> the BLT extension (Linux only)
>      freewrapTCLSH       a console-only application which includes only TCL.

> Please visit the freeWrap home page:

>           http://freewrap.sourceforge.net

Hello Dennis,

thank you for the new release.

I observed that the size of 'freewrapTCLSH.exe' increased about 170kB.
When I make 'unzip freewrapTCLSH.exe' I see a directory 'tcl/blt2.4'.

Has 'blt' to be included in 'freewrapTCLSH.exe' ?

Bernhard

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:11:59 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released

Quote:

> Dennis LaBelle schrieb:
>> This message announces the release of freeWrap version 5.6

>> The freeWrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary
>> executable programs. freeWrap can wrap TCL/TK applications that consist
>> of multiple script and binary files. freeWrap combines all the files
>> together into a single executable file.

>> freeWrap 5.6 is based on TCL/TK 8.4.4

>> freeWrap executables are freely available for both Linux and Windows.

>> Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and
>> UNIX platforms is also freely available.

>> The following additional variation of freeWrap is also available for
>> download:

>>      freewrapBLT         a windowing application that includes TCL/TK and
>> the BLT extension (Linux only)
>>      freewrapTCLSH       a console-only application which includes only
>>      TCL.

>> Please visit the freeWrap home page:

>>           http://freewrap.sourceforge.net

> Hello Dennis,

> thank you for the new release.

> I observed that the size of 'freewrapTCLSH.exe' increased about 170kB.
> When I make 'unzip freewrapTCLSH.exe' I see a directory 'tcl/blt2.4'.

> Has 'blt' to be included in 'freewrapTCLSH.exe' ?

> Bernhard

It looks like I had a few problems with my Make files for freeWrap. The tcl
blt2.4 contents really shouldn't be present in the freewrapTCLSH.exe
program. I'll be releasing version 5.61 soon to correct the packaging.

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 05:02:09 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.2 released - Now with encryption

2. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.1 released

3. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.0 released

4. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.61 released

5. ANNOUNCE: Release of freeWrap version 5.5

6. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.4 released

7. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released

8. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.2 released

9. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.1 released

10. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.0 released

11. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 4.4 released