wish and fonts
Author Message
 wish and fonts

Can I control which fonts wish uses?? I'm using Linux and when I
enter the following at the wish prompt:

  % button .hello -text Hello -command {puts stderr "Hello"}

Wish returns

   font "-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold-R-Normal--*--120-*" doesnt exist
   %

Thanks
Dave Bashaw

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 wish and fonts

|> Can I control which fonts wish uses?? I'm using Linux and when I
|> enter the following at the wish prompt:
|>
|>   % button .hello -text Hello -command {puts stderr "Hello"}
|>
|> Wish returns
|>
|>    font "-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold-R-Normal--*--120-*" doesnt exist
|>    %

You can set the font via Xdefaults or when you create the button, see
the appropriate man pages. However if you don't have that font, and
that seems unlikely, it would be better to change default.h to use a
font that you do have.

--
? 1995 Michael Salmon
All opinions expressed in this article remain the property of

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making Wish abort: Font related...

2. Wish window fonts under MacOs

3. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

4. ANNOUNCE: Three WISHes for 2006 (WISH Supernotepad 2006, WISH Command Center 2006, WISH CD-Writer 2006)

5. I wish print using the original fonts of the matrix printer

6. Fonts in wish console or tclsh?

7. Seeking help with wish 8.3 and good quality kanji fonts

8. Changing Wish Background and Font

9. Font in Wish and Console unreadable

10. how to change font in a wish window?

11. Fonts, wish console questions

12. changing wish fonts