C++ with TCL/TK
Author Message
 C++ with TCL/TK

Hello,

I need to compile TCL/TK with g++. What is the easiest way to change it?
I have the tk3.6.c++.patch file but it still doesnt work.
How do I have to change the libtcl.a?

Thanks for writing.

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ with TCL/TK

|> Hello,
|>
|> I need to compile TCL/TK with g++. What is the easiest way to change it?
|> I have the tk3.6.c++.patch file but it still doesnt work.
|> How do I have to change the libtcl.a?

You shouldn't need to change a thing. If you have g++ then you have gcc
and you can compile tcl/tk. The header files are compiler sensitive and
automatically insert the text required for g++ to use the C routines in
the libraries. An excellent example is ical which is written in C++ but
use the appropriate tcl/tk calls without problem.

--
? 1995 Michael Salmon
All opinions expressed in this article remain the property of

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ with TCL/TK
I'd switch to the latest releases: Tcl 7.4/Tk 4.0, which work better
with C++.
-Ted

Quote:

> I need to compile TCL/TK with g++. What is the easiest way to change it?
> I have the tk3.6.c++.patch file but it still doesnt work.
> How do I have to change the libtcl.a?

--

University of Michigan          Division of Computer Science and Engineering
"And the dance goes on regardless till

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ with TCL/TK

Quote:
> I'd switch to the latest releases: Tcl 7.4/Tk 4.0, which work better
> with C++.
> -Ted

> > I need to compile TCL/TK with g++. What is the easiest way to change it?
> > I have the tk3.6.c++.patch file but it still doesnt work.
> > How do I have to change the libtcl.a?

Why do you need to compile tcl/tk with g++?  I haven't met a single
C++ compiler yet (g++ included) that couldn't invoke C functions
seamlessly.

I've had no problems creating C++ programs that use libtcl, either
staticly, shared, or dynamically.

-- Carl

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. mixing C/C++ with Tcl/Tk

2. Advice for coupling multi-threaded C++ to Tcl/Tk 8.3.2

3. problem with c++ widgets (tcl-tk 8.0.2.0 within the Cygwin environment)

4. c++ and tcl/tk 8.0

5. Linking C/C++ with Tcl/Tk

6. Call C/C++ from Tcl/Tk

7. Borland c++ and tcl\tk