Tcl core dump on exit with threads enabled
Author Message
 Tcl core dump on exit with threads enabled

I have built tcl, both 8.3.4.1 and 8.4 latest with threads enabled.
I got the sources from SourceForge.
This was built on Win 2000, but same happens on NT4 and windows 9x.
Here is the issue:
Start either tcl or wish in a command shell.
Perform a CRTL-C in the shell or kill window with the "x" and the
Tcl or Wish dumps core. The same test without threads has no problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:15:42 GMT
 Tcl core dump on exit with threads enabled

Quote:

>I have built tcl, both 8.3.4.1 and 8.4 latest with threads enabled.
>I got the sources from SourceForge.
>This was built on Win 2000, but same happens on NT4 and windows 9x.
>Here is the issue:
>Start either tcl or wish in a command shell.
>Perform a CRTL-C in the shell or kill window with the "x" and the
>Tcl or Wish dumps core. The same test without threads has no problem.

>Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

>Thanks in advance.

Here's a fix for it.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=110894&aid=219355&gr...

It requires our simple tclAppInit.c to get more complicated and have knowledge
about the console.
--

[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]
Please be aware of the 7.5 year ping times when placing a call from alpha centari

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:03:44 GMT
 Tcl core dump on exit with threads enabled

Quote:

> >I have built tcl, both 8.3.4.1 and 8.4 latest with threads enabled.
> >I got the sources from SourceForge.
> >This was built on Win 2000, but same happens on NT4 and windows 9x.
> >Here is the issue:
> >Start either tcl or wish in a command shell.
> >Perform a CRTL-C in the shell or kill window with the "x" and the
> >Tcl or Wish dumps core. The same test without threads has no problem.

> >Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

> >Thanks in advance.

> Here's a fix for it.
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=110894&aid=219355&gr...

> It requires our simple tclAppInit.c to get more complicated and have knowledge
> about the console.

Will this fix work for both 8.3.4.x and 8.4?
Thank for your help.

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:59:41 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 solution sought for Tcl_FindHashEntry core dump on exit

2. tcl core dumps (sigsegv) on exit under unix (sequent dynix/ptx-4.0)

3. _tkinter makes core dump (Re: python links with Tk in OS/2 - but core dumps)

4. To dump core or not to dump core

5. core dumps while in exit handler

6. Tk C Program Core Dump on Exit

7. Core Dump When Exiting Wish After Listbox Cursor Change

8. Expect occasionally core dumps upon exit

9. Threads Enabled Core

10. python core dump with multi-threading.

11. Tcl core dumps if Tcl API called before creating interpreter

12. core or core dump file ?