expect: bgerror failed to handle background error.
Author Message
 expect: bgerror failed to handle background error.

Hello,

I have an expect application that automates telenet for me and usually
works fine but 1/100 times I get the following error:

spawn /usr/bin/telnet 134.153.1.1
Trying 134.153.1.1...
bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: can't read "spawn_out(slave,name)": no such variable
    Error in bgerror: invalid command name "bgerror"
Connected to 134.153.1.1.

What is the error due to? I run the script via an fvw configuration file
which launches an xterm which initiates the script.

Thanks,

Neil

Mon, 12 May 2003 14:24:37 GMT

1. "failed to handle background error"

2. tkerror failed to handle background error

3. freewrap 5.3b bgerror fails

4. Expect Telnet Error Handle?

5. handling errors in expect

6. Calling an external prog - timeout and error-handling in Expect

7. expect script and error handling

8. Error handling - Expect under Windows

9. handling errors from spawn'ed commands in Expect

10. expect ftp error handling

11. Expect spawn error handling

12. Expect: fails in expect { {->} whatever } :-[