Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)
Author Message
 Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)

I am attempting to compile v4.0 of TK on a Sun Sparc 5 running version
2.4 solaris. All works well untiol right at the end bombs out
indicating several symbols have not been set:
_XDestroyIC
_XFilterEvent
_XGetIMValues
_XOpenIM
_XmblookupString
Please help if you can ASAP

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)

Quote:

>I am attempting to compile v4.0 of TK on a Sun Sparc 5 running version
>2.4 solaris. All works well untiol right at the end bombs out
>indicating several symbols have not been set:
>_XDestroyIC
>_XFilterEvent
>_XGetIMValues
>_XOpenIM
>_XmblookupString
>Please help if you can ASAP

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)

    >> I am attempting to compile v4.0 of TK on a Sun Sparc 5 running
    >> version 2.4 solaris. All works well untiol right at the end
    >> bombs out indicating several symbols have not been set:
    >> _XDestroyIC _XFilterEvent _XGetIMValues _XOpenIM
    >> _XmblookupString Please help if you can ASAP

That's a problem with the X11 library you're linking to.  I'm not sure
what revision,etc. adds the new symbols, but you'll need that in order
to compile (as far as I know at least).

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. compiling tcl/tk on Solaris 2.4 x86

2. Compiling Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Sun Solaris 2.4

3. Tk 8.0b2 test results for Solaris 2.4/SPARC/Sun compiler

4. Tk configure fails on Solaris 2.4

5. Tk 4.1 + exmh 1.6.7 core dump on Solaris 2.4 (sun4m)

6. Problems w/dynamic loading of Tk under Solaris 2.4

7. SpecTcl / tcl/tk on Solaris 2.4

8. Tk 4.1 Solaris 2.4 linking problem

9. TK glob problem - Solaris 2.4

10. Black and White of Tcl/Tk in Solaris 2.4

11. tcl-7.4p1 and tk-4.0p1 patches for Solaris 2.3 and 2.4

12. Tk compilation problems on solaris 2.4