connection reset by peer while running exec
Author Message
 connection reset by peer while running exec

I finally got a handle on the exec command,  but now have a new problem.
   My exec call can't be put in back ground, and in some cases , stays out a
LONG time.  Maybe 5 - 10 minutes.   (Slackware Linux)
( I am running a remote session under VNC, so I may need to be in the VNC list
group ...)
   When it returns I get the error message :
error 104 connection reset by peer.
   and my Tk window goes boom.

  Can someone point me in the right direction..?

--

#---------------------------------------------#
#        This email and attachments were      #

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:39:56 GMT
 connection reset by peer while running exec

Quote:

> I finally got a handle on the exec command,  but now have a new problem.
>    My exec call can't be put in back ground, and in some cases , stays out a
> LONG time.  Maybe 5 - 10 minutes.   (Slackware Linux)
> ( I am running a remote session under VNC, so I may need to be in the VNC list
> group ...)
>    When it returns I get the error message :
> error 104 connection reset by peer.
>    and my Tk window goes boom.

>   Can someone point me in the right direction..?

"connection reset by peer" is the message usually when a server you are
connected to closes it's end of the connection. I'd suggest trying
whatever you are [exec]ing from the command line and seeing what it
does.
Quote:

> --

> #---------------------------------------------#
> #        This email and attachments were      #
> #    VERIFIED VIRUS FREE  before leaving      #
> #    my computer,      by Norton 8.0          #
> #---------------------------------------------#

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:02:50 GMT
 connection reset by peer while running exec

All these binaries have been run from the commandline for months, and used in
production of product, no problems, runs great,  most of the program just manipulate
ascii LAS files and calculate sine wave profiles.

    It looks like the reason the X-server resets or disconnects from it, appears to
be that the X-server doesn't get any response from the Tcl-TK program for SO LONG
while the exec call is running, that the X-server thinks it is dead or locked up.
   I eased the problem a little by breaking up the feedstock data into smaller files
so the exec doesn't have to be gone for so long.

It looks like to me I need some way  to tell the X-server to NOT watch my tcl-tk
script for timeouts, or to lengthen the time-out used when the server checks my
tcl-tk program....
...Mitch

Quote:

> > I finally got a handle on the exec command,  but now have a new problem.
> >    My exec call can't be put in back ground, and in some cases , stays out a
> > LONG time.  Maybe 5 - 10 minutes.   (Slackware Linux)
> > ( I am running a remote session under VNC, so I may need to be in the VNC list
> > group ...)
> >    When it returns I get the error message :
> > error 104 connection reset by peer.
> >    and my Tk window goes boom.

> >   Can someone point me in the right direction..?

> "connection reset by peer" is the message usually when a server you are
> connected to closes it's end of the connection. I'd suggest trying
> whatever you are [exec]ing from the command line and seeing what it
> does.

> > --

> > #---------------------------------------------#
> > #        This email and attachments were      #
> > #    VERIFIED VIRUS FREE  before leaving      #
> > #    my computer,      by Norton 8.0          #
> > #---------------------------------------------#

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:42:32 GMT
 connection reset by peer while running exec

Quote:

> I finally got a handle on the exec command,  but now have a new problem.
>    My exec call can't be put in back ground, and in some cases , stays out a
> LONG time.  Maybe 5 - 10 minutes.   (Slackware Linux)
> ( I am running a remote session under VNC, so I may need to be in the VNC list
> group ...)
>    When it returns I get the error message :
> error 104 connection reset by peer.
>    and my Tk window goes boom.

>   Can someone point me in the right direction..?

Why can't you background the exec?

Bruce

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:09:41 GMT

1. Connection reset by peer

2. newbie - winsock error 10054 - connection reset by peer

3. VNC: Connection reset by peer

4. SocketServer - Connection Reset By Peer (Randomly)

5. Win2k Peer to Peer and max connections

6. Cool new peer - to - peer tool

7. Peer to Peer

8. CPD 2: networking Windows98 peer-to-peer

9. Printing to a particular printer on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks

10. Clipper on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks

11. Win 95 Peer to Peer Network

12. Win 95 Peer to Peer Network (Summary)