desktops on 95/98/NT/2000
Author Message
 desktops on 95/98/NT/2000

Does anyone have experience of locating the user profile location
under Windows98 using the registry package?   I'm looking for a common
way of finding where to put a desktop shortcut across the whole swathe
of Win32 configurations, using individual user profiles where these
are available.   With NT it's easy because there's an environment
variable.   With '95, although there's a registry I don't know a way
of setup up user profiles.   '98, of course, is neither t'other nor
which.*

*old Lancashire dialect for neither one thing nor the other :-)

--

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:05:26 GMT
 desktops on 95/98/NT/2000

Unless I am mistaken, isn't there a place to put a single shortcut that
will be displayed for all users?
I know that  in Win 2k you can modify the C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\ directory (assuming that
the OS is on the C:\ drive) and that will be displayed for all users.  I
believe it is the same with Win98.
Try right clicking on the Start button then choosing Explore from the
menu.  Go up a few levels and you
should get a good idea of the structure.

Morgan

Quote:

> Does anyone have experience of locating the user profile location
> under Windows98 using the registry package?   I'm looking for a common
> way of finding where to put a desktop shortcut across the whole swathe
> of Win32 configurations, using individual user profiles where these
> are available.   With NT it's easy because there's an environment
> variable.   With '95, although there's a registry I don't know a way
> of setup up user profiles.   '98, of course, is neither t'other nor
> which.*

> *old Lancashire dialect for neither one thing nor the other :-)

> --

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:00:13 GMT

1. 95/98/nt/2000/me

2. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

3. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

4. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

5. 95, 98 & Win NT

6. 95, 98 & Win NT

7. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

8. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

9. PL/I Comipler for Window NT/95/98

10. REXX API for 95/98/NT Sample Code?

11. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

12. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming