Winico behaviour - Icon in tray but window never disappear from Windows taskbar
Author Message
 Winico behaviour - Icon in tray but window never disappear from Windows taskbar

Hi,

I have a question regarding Winico (0.5) use. I have a simple TCL
script like that :

package require Winico

winico createfrom smiley.ico
winico taskbar add ico#1 -pos 1 -text "my sample"  -callback
"mytclproc %m %i %X %Y"

proc mytclproc { msg ico x y } {
  if { $msg=="WM_RBUTTONDOWN" } {
      wm deiconify .
  }

Quote:
}

Obviously the icon is present in the directory. It works fine (the
icon is present near the windows clock) and the right click reopen the
window.

BUT : Why when I iconify the window (via window native command or via
a button/proc) the application is in the Tray (normal) AND still in
the task bar !
Actually if it is always in the Tray it never vanishes from the task
bar...  I expected that the application was in the task bar only when
it is open...
Do I miss something ?

Thanks,
Tom

Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:34:28 GMT
 Winico behaviour - Icon in tray but window never disappear from Windows taskbar

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a question regarding Winico (0.5) use. I have a simple TCL
>script like that :

>package require Winico

>winico createfrom smiley.ico
>winico taskbar add ico#1 -pos 1 -text "my sample"  -callback
>"mytclproc %m %i %X %Y"

>proc mytclproc { msg ico x y } {
>  if { $msg=="WM_RBUTTONDOWN" } {
>      wm deiconify .
>  }
>}

>Obviously the icon is present in the directory. It works fine (the
>icon is present near the windows clock) and the right click reopen the
>window.

>BUT : Why when I iconify the window (via window native command or via
>a button/proc) the application is in the Tray (normal) AND still in
>the task bar !
>Actually if it is always in the Tray it never vanishes from the task
>bar...  I expected that the application was in the task bar only when
>it is open...

Windows shows all active applications in the taskbar. The way to
remove an application from there is to use 'wm withdraw' and 'wm
deiconify' when you want it back. I'm using the following function  as
the callback in tkchat:
 proc ::tkchat::WinicoCallback {msg icn} {
     switch -exact -- $msg {
         WM_LBUTTONDOWN {
             if {[wm state .] == "withdrawn"} {
                 wm deiconify .
                 ResetMessageCounter
                 WinicoChatHook
             } else {
                 wm withdraw .
             }
         }
     }
 }

--
Pat Thoyts          http://www.zsplat.freeserve.co.uk/resume.html
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:11:40 GMT
 Winico behaviour - Icon in tray but window never disappear from Windows taskbar

Quote:

> >Hi,

> >I have a question regarding Winico (0.5) use. I have a simple TCL
> >script like that :

> >package require Winico

> >winico createfrom smiley.ico
> >winico taskbar add ico#1 -pos 1 -text "my sample"  -callback
> >"mytclproc %m %i %X %Y"

> >proc mytclproc { msg ico x y } {
> >  if { $msg=="WM_RBUTTONDOWN" } {
> >      wm deiconify .
> >  }
> >}

> >Obviously the icon is present in the directory. It works fine (the
> >icon is present near the windows clock) and the right click reopen the
> >window.

> >BUT : Why when I iconify the window (via window native command or via
> >a button/proc) the application is in the Tray (normal) AND still in
> >the task bar !
> >Actually if it is always in the Tray it never vanishes from the task
> >bar...  I expected that the application was in the task bar only when
> >it is open...

> Windows shows all active applications in the taskbar. The way to
> remove an application from there is to use 'wm withdraw' and 'wm
> deiconify' when you want it back. I'm using the following function  as
> the callback in tkchat:
>  proc ::tkchat::WinicoCallback {msg icn} {
>      switch -exact -- $msg {
>          WM_LBUTTONDOWN {
>              if {[wm state .] == "withdrawn"} {
>                  wm deiconify .
>                  ResetMessageCounter
>                  WinicoChatHook
>              } else {
>                  wm withdraw .
>              }
>          }
>      }
>  }

Thanks Pat.
I'll try that.
Tom

Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:12:51 GMT

1. Winico: Change the taskbar icon ?

2. Place a tray icon in the Taskbar in Win NT

3. accesing taskbar tray area icons

4. winico and transparency/alpha-channels in Windows icons

5. Mcafee icons disappear from tray

6. tray icon in Windows

7. desktop icons in Windows disappear

8. Equivalent to winico taskbar for X (KDE, GNOME) ?

9. How to draw a window not hidden by the taskbar in windows

10. Tray Icon and Window Restoration without stealing focus

11. TIP #8: Add winico support to the wm command on windows

12. Announce: Winico extension for Tcl on Windows