coloured bitmap with the option -bitmap ?
Author Message
 coloured bitmap with the option -bitmap ?

Hello

I am working on SUN solaris and I use iconedit to get coloured bitmap
that I want to use as buttons so using the attribute -bitmap with the
instruction button ...
The problem is that the bitmap file I get with iconedit under the
format "ColorXPixmap" (as it is a coloured picture) can't be read
 by the instruction button. This instruction runs only if I save
my picture under Xbitmap involving it to be monochrome.

has anyone a solution ?

thanks in advance

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 coloured bitmap with the option -bitmap ?

To get color, I think you have to use the "photo" type...  Convert your
ColorXPixmap into a .PPM file and load it with the "create image
photo -format ppm -file ..." command.

If you don't have a tool to do the conversion automatically, the PPM format
in question is:

The header consists of the two-char string "P6" followed by three integers
in ASCII representing width, height, and maxColorValue.  These four strings
are separated with whitespace, preferably the space character itself.  Then
whitespace.  Then the data.  The data is three bytes per pixel (redValue,
greenValue, blueValue) starting at the upper left and proceeding left to
right, then top to bottom.

Rick Miller
http://www.execpc.com/~rdmiller/

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. displaying coloured bitmap with the button instruction

2. Converting Windows Bitmap to X bitmap format so that Tk can display it

3. Bitmap for icon != bitmap for button?

4. Setting bitmap fg color thru option database

5. Canvas bitmap -mask option (with code!)

6. How to Convert X Bitmap Format to Windows Bitmap Format?

7. No way to create bitmap (NOT bitmap-type icon) in script?

8. VWIN32: Please, one example of a scrollable Bitmap....

9. ToolBar Button, bitmap images

10. J , Windows and bitmap graphics

11. Making a Brush from a Bitmap

12. looking for (fixed-width) APL bitmap-font.