Using DDE
Author Message
 Using DDE

Hi,

Has anyone any examples of using "dde" from tcl to other applications?
For example, retrieving the contents of an Excel cell or telling
Netscape to open a particular URL.  Any pointers on where to look for
information would be appreciated too?  Maybe this is not what DDE is
designed to do?

I tried searching for DDE in Excel's help and it said to look in the
"Microsoft Office Resource Kit", but there is no reference to DDE or
"Dynamic Data Exchange" in the index of the on-line version of that
document!?

thanks,
john
--
John Rosauer                                 Phone: +61 2 9805 2892
Canon Information Systems Research Australia Fax:   +61 2 9805 2929

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using DDE

Quote:

> Hi,

> Has anyone any examples of using "dde" from tcl to other applications?
> For example, retrieving the contents of an Excel cell or telling
> Netscape to open a particular URL.  Any pointers on where to look for
> information would be appreciated too?  Maybe this is not what DDE is
> designed to do?

> I tried searching for DDE in Excel's help and it said to look in the
> "Microsoft Office Resource Kit", but there is no reference to DDE or
> "Dynamic Data Exchange" in the index of the on-line version of that
> document!?

> thanks,
> john
> --
> John Rosauer                                 Phone: +61 2 9805 2892
> Canon Information Systems Research Australia Fax:   +61 2 9805 2929
> 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde NSW 2113     Cell:  +61 414 580 723

I tried dde within tcl8.1 for sending stuff out to win application like
word. I got some weird result. If you get any response, I would
appreciate to have a forward.

Thanks

Gang Wang

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Word with Clarion using DDE

2. Passing Record structure using DDE

3. How to control Clarion4 using DDE ??

4. CW2.x Can't connect to my App using DDE

5. Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

6. Using DDE:s CW / Excel

7. How uses DDE in C5 PE

8. How uses DDE in C5 PE with Microsoft Office 97 Excel

9. CA-dBFast 2.0D1 Talking to progman.exe using DDE

10. Problems using DDE poke

11. Micorosoft Basic statements using DDE

12. Using DDE with PHP on Win32