Newbie Expect question
Author Message
 Newbie Expect question

I'm trying to interact with a terminal based application that requires
the use of arrow keys.

How can I send the equivalent of a down (or up) arrow to the
application?  I've been trying to use the "send_user" command and
various control sequences but none seem to work.

[Note:  The answer to this isn't in the Expect "FAQ" nor is it in any of
the Expect examples bundled with the distribution.]

Thanks,

Rick

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Expect question

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:42:19 -0800, Rick Fanta

Quote:

>How can I send the equivalent of a down (or up) arrow to the
>application?  I've been trying to use the "send_user" command and
>various control sequences but none seem to work.

>[Note:  The answer to this isn't in the Expect "FAQ" nor is it in any of
>the Expect examples bundled with the distribution.]

Rick,

In the examples directory in the distribution, look at tkterm and
term_expect.

Other than that, exactly what kind of terminal are you connecting to?

--jim

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Expect Question: where does Expect store values returned from an expect command

2. newbie expect question

3. Newbie expect question???

4. Newbie Expect Question

5. Newbie expect question

6. Newbie question: WinNT Python 1.5.2 - import seems not to work the way I expect

7. Newbie Question: grabing data inside expect

8. Newbie expect tcl question

9. Expect newbie question

10. Newbie question about expect.

11. Newbie Question on Expect/Tcl/Tk

12. Newbie question. Getting started w/expect