Need help using Tcl for CGI script
Author Message
 Need help using Tcl for CGI script

Hello,

I am trying to use Tcl as my cgi script but its not working correctly.
The html code looks like:
        <form method="POST" action="cgi-bin/eval.tcl">

but when I hit submit button, it just displays the script itself,
starting with
        #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh7.5

I have set the execute permissions and the script runs fine when I test
it from the unix shell.

I am using Netscape 1.12 to test this (it is not connected to the
network).

A related question... Suppose I want to test this on my PC with
Netscape. How can I make my script an executable under Windows95?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Don

Mon, 23 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help using Tcl for CGI script

{start with last question first}

: Anyone else have this problem?

No.

{seriously...}

: I am trying to use Tcl as my cgi script but its not working correctly.
: The html code looks like:
:         <form method="POST" action="cgi-bin/eval.tcl">

This is *NOT* a problem with tcl. This is a problem with the way your
HTTPD server is set up.

put the line below in your srm.conf file (for ncsa httpd)

AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi

and then rename the eval.tcl to eval.cgi

and/or

make sure that you define your ScriptAlias for the cgi-bin in the
srm.conf file.

: A related question... Suppose I want to test this on my PC with
: Netscape. How can I make my script an executable under Windows95?

only if you set up a local server on the PC. CGI scripts are run by the
server, you can't do local CGI work without it.

jmi

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help using Tcl for CGI script

Quote:

>: I am trying to use Tcl as my cgi script but its not working correctly.
>: The html code looks like:
>:         <form method="POST" action="cgi-bin/eval.tcl">

Perhaps you need an absolute, rather than a relative URL here?

           <form method="POST" action="/cgi-bin/eval.tcl">
                                       ^
John Ellson
--

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need example of working tcl/tk script used as cgi-bin script

2. Need help (Tcl cgi scripts how to?)

3. Using POST method with TCL cgi script under IIS5

4. using TCL script for CGI, handling FORM POST method

5. Using TCL as CGI script with IIS 4.0

6. Are folk really using Tcl for cgi scripting?

7. Using CGI to invoke a TCL script

8. Using TCL in CGI scripts

9. problem with using tcl to write cgi script

10. Help needed with CGI Script

11. Need help on configuring IIS to run jython-scripts (CGI)

12. Newbie needs help on Python CGI scripts