Horizontal text widget's scrollbar slider resizing probs.
Author Message
 Horizontal text widget's scrollbar slider resizing probs.

Hi,

I have a slight problem with horizontal scrollbars on text widgets. I have them
linked and they work fine, except for the fact that the horizontal scrollbars
slider seems to resize it's self to the longest line currently on the window,
and not the longest line in the text widget. This has the effect of continully
resizing the horizontal scrollbars slider as I vertically scroll the text
widget.

Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,

Wm.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:37:33 GMT
 Horizontal text widget's scrollbar slider resizing probs.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a slight problem with horizontal scrollbars on text widgets. I have them
> linked and they work fine, except for the fact that the horizontal scrollbars
> slider seems to resize it's self to the longest line currently on the window,
> and not the longest line in the text widget. This has the effect of continully
> resizing the horizontal scrollbars slider as I vertically scroll the text
> widget.

> Am I missing something obvious?

No, that is just the way it works. If you enable wrapping then the size
of the vertical scrollbar will fluctuate as well. The text widget does not
calculate the "total" viewable size of all its' contents.

Bruce

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:28:24 GMT

1. Text widget's scrollbar slider changes size (patch)

2. Text widget's scrollbar slider changes size

3. Looking for a simple scrollbar/slider widget. (newbie)

4. How to scroll (horizontal) 2 canvas widgets with the same scrollbar

5. 2.5 the movement of the horizontal scrollbar on a table widget

6. text widget must follow end of text only if associated scrollbar is at bottom

7. resizing widgets packed in a text widget?

8. Req: code snippet for resizing widgets in text widget

9. How to resize a text widget to show all text

10. Q: How to fix the size of Text widgets for Horizontal Scrolling

11. Text widget with horizontal scrolling

12. Text widget probs