Bug in tcllib's profiler??? 
Author Message
 Bug in tcllib's profiler???

Hi all,

There seems to be something wrong in the profiler
package in tcllib. I can get the file "testPCFGParser.tcl"
to produce the same results as when it runs in a plain
tclsh. This file is a test of a tcl-only package that can be
found at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~petasis/Tcl/PCFGParser.tar.gz

Any welp will be appreciated :-)

George



Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:18:05 GMT  
 Bug in tcllib's profiler???
There's nothing wrong with it, except that it's
just a toy.  A clever toy, but a toy.

It could probably be made to be a powerful toy,
even a useful toy... but that presupposes someone
having the inclination and the time to tinker
with it ;^)

Quote:

> There seems to be something wrong in the profiler
> package in tcllib.



Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:34:25 GMT  
 Bug in tcllib's profiler???
Why a toy? I have a small interface on it and worked great
untill now. I don't know another way to get profiling
information of tcl procedures.

What puzzles me is the fact that the last time I had
problems with it was a problem in tcl's core:-)

George


Quote:
> There's nothing wrong with it, except that it's
> just a toy.  A clever toy, but a toy.

> It could probably be made to be a powerful toy,
> even a useful toy... but that presupposes someone
> having the inclination and the time to tinker
> with it ;^)


> > There seems to be something wrong in the profiler
> > package in tcllib.



Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:33:06 GMT  
 Bug in tcllib's profiler???
As an alternative, you could try Sage, written by John Stump. It can
be gotten from: http://www.lucidway.org/Marty/Tcl/Tools/sage-1.1.tar.gz

From the README:

  Sage is a run-time code analyzer for your Tcl and Tk applications, also
  known as a profiler. When you run your programs with Sage, you can collect
  and view this type of data:

    1. total execution time of program
    2. total time spent in global scope
    3. total time spent in each procedure
    4. total time spent in each procedure and its descendants
    5. number of times each procedure is called

  Time data can be displayed in 3 formats:

    1. clicks (output from clock clicks)
    2. seconds
    3. a percentage of the total time

  Sage is written in 100% Tcl/Tk and should work on and Tcl/Tk 8.0 or greater
  platform, although it has only been tested on Linux i386 and SunOS/Solaris.
  A shared library can be built to give greater speed.

Quote:

> Why a toy? I have a small interface on it and worked great
> untill now. I don't know another way to get profiling
> information of tcl procedures.

> What puzzles me is the fact that the last time I had
> problems with it was a problem in tcl's core:-)

> George



>> There's nothing wrong with it, except that it's
>> just a toy.  A clever toy, but a toy.

>> It could probably be made to be a powerful toy,
>> even a useful toy... but that presupposes someone
>> having the inclination and the time to tinker
>> with it ;^)


>> > There seems to be something wrong in the profiler
>> > package in tcllib.

--
Marty Backe
-------------------------------
http://www.lucidway.org

 - Who is John Galt?



Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:16:55 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. tcl profiler in tcllib

2. unexpected results from tcllib profiler?

3. Does the tcllib profiler work?

4. tcllib RFE's and bugs

5. Q: auto_path extension by tcllib's/tklib's pkgIndex.tcl

6. 'logger' package added to tcllib CVS

7. TclPro, tcllib's pop3, TclTidy, etc...what I'm up to

8. tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

9. CVF Profiler bugs???

10. bug report: profiler

11. tcllib::math::calculus - Possible bug in rungeKuttaStep routine

12. tcl or tcllib bug !!

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software