hierarchical listbox
Author Message
 hierarchical listbox

Hi,
I'm looking for a package that implements an hierarchical listbox.
meaning that given a delimiter, each element inserted to this listbox
is displayed hierarchically (and can be selected separately).
for example:
given a delimiter "."
the element "USA.California.LA" is displayed

USA
 |--California
         |--LA

adding the element "USA.California.SanFransisco will result in:

USA
 |--California
         |--LA
         |--SanFransisco

(the hierarchical listbox is part of the perl Tk)

Thanks,
Amir.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:26:46 GMT
 hierarchical listbox

Quote:

> I'm looking for a package that implements an hierarchical listbox.
> meaning that given a delimiter, each element inserted to this listbox
> is displayed hierarchically (and can be selected separately).

You have quite a few to choose from.  BWidgets and IWidgets (both part
of ActiveTcl) include hierarchy (or tree) widgets.  BLT has one that
is coded in C as well, and there are other megawidget solutions, but
the above 3 are the most common.

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:59:30 GMT
 hierarchical listbox

Quote:

> I'm looking for a package that implements an hierarchical listbox.

Look for BWidgets.
  http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883&release_id=93118

Donal.
--

-- The guy who sells me my audio hardware explained that a computer will never
   produce the same level of sound quality that a stereo will b/c stereo have

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:26:11 GMT

1. Hierarchical listbox: hot to test for sublistitem

2. Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection

3. Wanted: Simple draggable hierarchical listbox, not RAM hog, custom icons, row height

4. Hierarchical Listbox?

5. Hierarchical data structure for use in tree/hierarchical views?

6. Listbox background paint and *my* listbox bug

7. Tk Listbox bindings (was: Tk Listbox Question)

8. listbox-rtb (listbox recolor) for TK4.0

9. Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes

10. "Hierarchical Inspectors" now on UIUC

11. Hierarchical List widget

12. Hierarchical List Box for VW2.0