font (presentation) problem
Author Message
 font (presentation) problem

Tk 8.4a1 Bug:  Generated by Ajuba's bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  Frank Mijling
OperatingSystem:  Windows 95
Machine:  Siemens Xpert, Siemens Scenic Mobile 710
Extensions:  Tcl/Tk 8.3.0, Tcl/Tk 8.4a1
CustomShell:  none
Synopsis:  font (presentation) problem

ReproducibleScript:
any text-widget. changing font-size does not do the job.
'Redrawing' the widget (e.g.by resizing the window)  shuffles the text and therefore makes text (sometimes/maybe) visible.

ObservedBehavior:
textlines seem to overlap each other. up to the point of unreadability.
I first used Tcl/Tk 8.3.0, and now I have started withTcl/Tk 8.4a1. Same result.
This behavior was observed both on my Desktop-PC (Siemens Xpert) as well as my notebook (Scenic Mobile 710).

DesiredBehavior:
both under WindowsNT and Linux presentation (of the same script/text-widgets) is fine.
Only W95 has this problem. (On both, desktop-PC and laptop, multiple-OSs are installed)

Patch:
sorry :-), as sort of Newbee I am just scared of looking in the wrong corner already.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with Small Fonts Big Fonts

2. Tk8.0 problems: tk_popup: bug+fix, font problem

3. Workspace font is neglecting dolphin font option

4. Fonts and Font Menu

5. Font Editor for Oberon fonts

6. ROM font question... 8x8 font

7. RFC: Accessing special font characters in 8-bit fonts

8. Deperately seeking Tk font expertise (was Re: TIP #64: Improvements to Windows Font Handling)

9. Tk system fonts don't match actual system fonts

10. font size taken wrong from X font

11. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

12. tk: substitute default font if font request fails?