BLT detects "corrupt installation"
Author Message
 BLT detects "corrupt installation"

I'm trying to install one of the binary distributions of BLT from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;When I click on the installer,
it puts up a pretty sky-blue background, then an error dialog which
simply says "Corrupt installation detected".

I've installed, re-installed, and uninstalled many different versions
of Tcl, TclPro, ActiveTcl, and TclDevKit, so it is entirely possible
that there is some registry cruft that looks bad to BLT.  Or it is
possible that our sysadmin's policy of installing into c:\apps instead
of c:\program files might be the cause.  But I can't find anyting in
the BLT docs, sources, or CVS that tells me what the installer is
finding so offensive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob
--

Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495
200 First St. SW                            FAX (507) 284-9171

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:21:23 GMT
 BLT detects "corrupt installation"

Quote:

> I'm trying to install one of the binary distributions of BLT from
> http://sf.net/projects/blt on Win2k.  When I click on the installer,
> it puts up a pretty sky-blue background, then an error dialog which
> simply says "Corrupt installation detected".
> I've installed, re-installed, and uninstalled many different versions
> of Tcl, TclPro, ActiveTcl, and TclDevKit, so it is entirely possible
> that there is some registry cruft that looks bad to BLT.  Or it is
> possible that our sysadmin's policy of installing into c:\apps instead
> of c:\program files might be the cause.  But I can't find anyting in
> the BLT docs, sources, or CVS that tells me what the installer is
> finding so offensive.

This is new to me.  I don't know if this helps but the following is
according to the wise knowledgebase:

    #: 1034
    Article Type: ERROR
    Title

    Corrupt Installation Detected

    Error Message

      When trying to execute the installation executable, the following
      error message is displayed: Corrupt Installation Detected

    Cause

      This error can be caused for a few reasons.

      1) The Windows directory is full or is write-protected.

      2) The user accessed the installation executable via a UNC pathname.

      3) Under NT4, on a 16 bit install, the installation executable or the
         directory

    Resolution

      Identify which of the possible causes listed are resulting in the
      error. Make the appropriate corrections to resolve the problem. For
      example, if you determine that the error is caused because the Windows
      directory is write-protected, change permissions on the Windows
      directory.

--gah

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:02:05 GMT
 BLT detects "corrupt installation"

:I'm trying to install one of the binary distributions of BLT

:

:Any suggestions?

Compile BLT yourself, or locate a different binary installation?

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:32:23 GMT
 BLT detects "corrupt installation"

Quote:

>       When trying to execute the installation executable, the
following
>       error message is displayed: Corrupt Installation Detected

>       This error can be caused for a few reasons.

>       1) The Windows directory is full or is write-protected.

Ahhha!  The system directory is write protected.  I'll have to ask our
sysadmin to install BLT.

Thanks,
Bob
--

Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495
200 First St. SW                            FAX (507) 284-9171
Rochester MN, 55901  USA            http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:41:41 GMT

1. Help: Python 2.1: "Corrupt Installation Detected"

2. Helpme "Corrupt installation detected"

3. WinNT: Corrupt installation detected

4. win76.exe - corrupt installation detected

5. ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"

6. allocate is "corrupting"

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. How to detect "out of paper"

9. How to detect runtime "format overflows"?

10. "3D Graphs" Installation

11. Python speed up: "proper installation"

12. checkbox "style" in BLT treeview