Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code
Author Message
 Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

According to dejanews the question was posted several times over the
last few years, but was never answered.

A search for phrase "test coverage" at scriptics revealed nothing.

Does anybody have new information about test coverage for tcl code?

This is again an opportunity for me to ask for a side-exit from `eval'
called `commandsplit' which for any string returns a list of the
individual commands `eval' would find in that string. Building a
test-coverage tool for Tcl would then be approximately 10 lines of
code ;-)

Harald Kirsch

--
---------------------+------------------+--------------------------

              gegen Punktfilitis hilft nur `chmod u-w ~'

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

Quote:

> This is again an opportunity for me to ask for a side-exit from
> `eval' called `commandsplit' which for any string returns a list of
> the individual commands `eval' would find in that string. Building a
> test-coverage tool for Tcl would then be approximately 10 lines of
> code ;-)

And lots of other tools would become easier too.  I'm sure I remember
someone at Scriptics saying they were planning on exposing some of the
parsing functionality of the compiler---which I interpreted as being
what you're asking for.

Right now, you could look at the various source-level de{*filter*}s
around.  Each has some mechanism for ripping apart code.

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl code coverage/testing tools

2. Looking for a test coverage analysis tool

3. FORTRAN Test Coverage Analysis Tools wanted

4. Test coverage analysis tool

5. Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

6. Smalltalk Test Kritic (Code coverage tool)

7. Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

8. tcov-like test coverage tool for tcl

9. TCL Test Coverage Tool?

10. Code Analysis and Automated Testing tools for FORTRAN

11. Code Coverage Tools For Tcl?

12. Coverage analysis tool from Smalltalk Report Oct/95