Adding a button to a canvas
Author Message
 Adding a button to a canvas

Hi, The problem I seem to be having is this:
I have a canvas widget in which i have drawn many lines, etc.  I want
to place a button widget onto the canvas at a certain position.  Any ideas
on how to place this button, i've tried the -side, and -anchor options,
but they do not do what I require.  Is there any way to position
a widget in a canvas with coordinates (x and y positioning)?  Thanks in
advance.

Reg Sherwood

Mon, 10 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a button to a canvas

Quote:

>Hi, The problem I seem to be having is this:
>I have a canvas widget in which i have drawn many lines, etc.  I want
>to place a button widget onto the canvas at a certain position.  Any ideas
>on how to place this button, i've tried the -side, and -anchor options,
>but they do not do what I require.  Is there any way to position
>a widget in a canvas with coordinates (x and y positioning)?  Thanks in
>advance.

>Reg Sherwood

Try to following (assuming canvas .c)
button .c.whatever -text "Foo"
c create window $x $y -window .c.whatever
The window provides the placement for widgets on a canvas.

Bruce Duewer

Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. adding buttons to toolbar of IE

2. Browse add buttons

3. Adding a button to IE?

4. Howto - Determine if the user selected ADD or CHANGE button

5. adding a next button

6. Adding a hyperlink to a button in CW 2003 Internet connnect

7. Add Another Button

8. Adding new 3D buttons in LV6?

9. add a picture to a button

10. can we ADD connection to FXShutterItem.button

11. NCSIM - Adding Buttons in the GUI - reagrding

12. add button to XFORMS in ADA95