expect: problems running script from CRON
Author Message
 expect: problems running script from CRON

Hello;
  I have a simple EXPECT script that logs into a Cisco router every night
and saves the config via tftp. It works fine from the command line but
it dies when it is run from CRON. This is the msg that CRON sends me:

error waiting for process to exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD ignored or trapped?)
    while executing
"exec /bin/touch /tftpboot/$file"
    (file "/usr/local/sbin/7513a.exp" line 14)

The script creates the file then logs into the router and does a "wr n". Should
be a piece of cake.
Thanks
Frank

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 expect: problems running script from CRON

Quote:

>   I have a simple EXPECT script that logs into a Cisco router every night
> and saves the config via tftp. It works fine from the command line but
> it dies when it is run from CRON. This is the msg that CRON sends me:

> error waiting for process to exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD ignored or trapped?)
>     while executing
> "exec /bin/touch /tftpboot/$file"
>     (file "/usr/local/sbin/7513a.exp" line 14)

> The script creates the file then logs into the router and does a "wr n". Should
> be a piece of cake.

I thought this problem had disappeared in the current releases.  Make
sure you're running the latest versions.  Also, make sure you're
compiling Expect on the same system (type) you're running on.  If it
still recurs, include full versions including your OS, compiler, etc.

Don

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems running expect script in the background/from cron

2. problem running expect script via cron

3. trouble running an expect script in cron versus command line

4. trouble running an Expect script from cron

5. Running expect scripts from cron..?

6. Running EXPECT script through cron

7. cannot run expect script under cron

8. Still problems running script from cron

9. Problem running Python script as cron job

10. Running a cron job in SFTP using Expect

11. expect script doesn't work with cron - please help

12. expect running from cron