one minor bug, two minor problems
Author Message
 one minor bug, two minor problems

Tk 8.2b1 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  vince darley
OperatingSystem:  Windows NT
CustomShell:  I'm running with my 'glob' patch.
Synopsis:  one minor bug, two minor problems

ReproducibleScript:
    Problem 1)
    ----------

    In the pkgindex for iwidgets the following line:

    package ifneeded Iwidgets 3.0.0 "source [file join $dir iwidgets.tcl]"

    should be replaced with

    package ifneeded Iwidgets 3.0.0 [list source [file join $dir
    iwidgets.tcl]]

    or iwidgets will not load if you've installed Tcl in a path with spaces
    (the default under Windows!).

    Problem 2)
    ----------

    So that Tcl/Tk extensions can be built with the Metrowerks compiler on
    windows, two small changes should be made:

    In tkWinPort.h the following line should be wrapped as follows:

    #ifndef __MWERKS__
    #include <sys/stat.h>
    #endif

    since this file doesn't exist in the Metrowerks Standard Library (or
    perhaps it's just 'stat.h' not in sys).  Anyway to build an extension
    the above suffices.

    Similarly tclWinPort.h requires the following minor change:

    #ifndef __MWERKS__
    #include <sys/stat.h>
    #include <sys/timeb.h>
    #endif

    With these two changes one can easily build extensions for Tcl and Tk
    using the standard distribution.

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 one minor bug, two minor problems

Quote:
> ReproducibleScript:
>     Problem 1)
>     ----------

>     In the pkgindex for iwidgets the following line:

>     package ifneeded Iwidgets 3.0.0 "source [file join $dir iwidgets.tcl]"

>     should be replaced with

>     package ifneeded Iwidgets 3.0.0 [list source [file join $dir
>     iwidgets.tcl]]

>     or iwidgets will not load if you've installed Tcl in a path with spaces
>     (the default under Windows!).

This was a known problem and we've posted a patch for this (or will do so
very soon).

Quote:
>     Problem 2)
>     ----------

>     So that Tcl/Tk extensions can be built with the Metrowerks compiler on
>     windows, two small changes should be made:

>     In tkWinPort.h the following line should be wrapped as follows:

>     #ifndef __MWERKS__
>     #include <sys/stat.h>
>     #endif

>     since this file doesn't exist in the Metrowerks Standard Library (or
>     perhaps it's just 'stat.h' not in sys).  Anyway to build an extension
>     the above suffices.

>     Similarly tclWinPort.h requires the following minor change:

>     #ifndef __MWERKS__
>     #include <sys/stat.h>
>     #include <sys/timeb.h>
>     #endif

>     With these two changes one can easily build extensions for Tcl and Tk
>     using the standard distribution.

Metrowerks support on the PC hasn't been on our radar screen.  I'll see if
we have time to do this, but if we do it's not supported, you'll be on your
own.

-- Scott

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 one minor bug, two minor problems

Quote:

> >     So that Tcl/Tk extensions can be built with the Metrowerks
compiler on
> >     windows, two small changes should be made:
[snip]

> Metrowerks support on the PC hasn't been on our radar screen.  I'll
see if
> we have time to do this, but if we do it's not supported, you'll be
on your
> own.

The purpose of my request wasn't that you ought to support the
metrowerks compiler, just that with these two tiny changes people like
me who like the mwerks product can use it to compile Tcl extensions.
(Of course when you've got the cygnus gcc stuff documented, I may dump
it in favour of that, but still).  Anyway, I think it's a good idea to
make a couple of tiny changes if it helps a few more people to use Tcl.

Vince.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 one minor bug, two minor problems
Just to clarify, I was only pointing out that it wouldn't
be supported...

Also, we are NOT currently working on getting GCC (mingw) to
work with Tcl (Win32).  We _are_ getting autoconf, configure, and
gmake to work (cygwin).  Once the configure scripts are
taken care of, adding support for GCC (via patches from
contributors in the Tcl community) should be a lot easier.
Same goes for Metrowerks or Borland compilers. We still plan
to use only the Visual C++ compiler for the forseeable future.

-- Scott

Quote:

> > >     So that Tcl/Tk extensions can be built with the Metrowerks
> compiler on
> > >     windows, two small changes should be made:
> [snip]

> > Metrowerks support on the PC hasn't been on our radar screen.  I'll
> see if
> > we have time to do this, but if we do it's not supported, you'll be
> on your
> > own.

> The purpose of my request wasn't that you ought to support the
> metrowerks compiler, just that with these two tiny changes people like
> me who like the mwerks product can use it to compile Tcl extensions.
> (Of course when you've got the cygnus gcc stuff documented, I may dump
> it in favour of that, but still).  Anyway, I think it's a good idea to
> make a couple of tiny changes if it helps a few more people to use Tcl.

> Vince.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. minor, minor, minor bug

2. Minor BUG report(s) (two enclosed 8-)

3. Minor, minor style question

4. Two minor problems with running python in emacs

5. Two minor goodies in public StORE

6. Two minor syntactic proposals

7. Two minor hacks

8. Minor bug - Duplicate Key Bindings

9. BUG(minor): ifNotNil:ifNil: supported but not implemented...

10. Minor bugs

11. A few minor bugs

12. Minor packaqge browser bug?