oratcl and lob
Author Message
 oratcl and lob

I try to write data to a clob or blob.

It works fine but if I try to write a single character to a blob or clob
it is not written (or read and length don't show it).

Is there a known problem with single characters and lob ?

I'm using oratcl3.3, tcl8.3.4, Oracle8.1.6 on win32.

Thanks,
Christian

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:59:26 GMT
 oratcl and lob

Quote:
>I try to write data to a clob or blob.

>It works fine but if I try to write a single character to a blob or clob
>it is not written (or read and length don't show it).

>Is there a known problem with single characters and lob ?

>I'm using oratcl3.3, tcl8.3.4, Oracle8.1.6 on win32.

>Thanks,
>Christian

I do not know of any known problems for single character data, but I will
test and get back to you.

Todd

--
Todd M. Helfter
Database Analyst/Programmer

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:21:53 GMT
 oratcl and lob

Quote:
>I try to write data to a clob or blob.

>It works fine but if I try to write a single character to a blob or clob
>it is not written (or read and length don't show it).

>Is there a known problem with single characters and lob ?

>I'm using oratcl3.3, tcl8.3.4, Oracle8.1.6 on win32.

>Thanks,
>Christian

I added this to /test/oralob.test

test oralob-4.0 {oralob: write clob 'single character'} {
        set one_chr 'z'
        catch {oralob alloc $lob_stm -table oratcl_lob -column lob_clob -rowid $rowid1} lob
        catch {oralob write $lob -datavar one_chr} write
        catch {oralob read $lob -datavar one_out} res
        set res [string equal $one_chr $one_out]
        catch {oralob free $lob} free
        set res

Quote:
} {1}

and it passes the test for me on Oracle 8.1.7, solaris 8, tcl8.4, oratcl3.3

Todd

--
Todd M. Helfter
Database Analyst/Programmer
Purdue University

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:32:53 GMT

1. Help - LOB's in oratcl

2. Oratcl logon problems on SunOS with oratcl-2.3 and Oracle 7.2.3

3. DCOracle and lobs

4. dcoracle and lobs error

5. Suspected bug in DCOracle2 for LOB's

6. problem with LOB's and DCOracle2

7. Can't Read a Lob via DCOracle2

8. oratcl versions

9. Announce:: Oratcl 4.4 now available on sourceforge.net

10. Oratcl Bind Question

11. Oratcl

12. oratcl and collections