HELP: question concerning text widget
Author Message
 HELP: question concerning text widget

Hello,

I have created a text widget in order to receive some
information from the user of my Tk-Application.

Unfortunatelly text widgets don't support the '-textvariable' option,
as entry widgets do.

So if I type : "text .text -relief sunken -textvariable var1"  ,
an error message occurs.

Do you know how to cope with that problem?

I can't use an entry widget, because the input I expect is
longer than one row.

Thanks in advance,
        JANNIS

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:31:03 GMT
 HELP: question concerning text widget

|> Hello,
|>
|> I have created a text widget in order to receive some
|> information from the user of my Tk-Application.
|>
|> Unfortunatelly text widgets don't support the '-textvariable' option,
|> as entry widgets do.
|>
|> So if I type : "text .text -relief sunken -textvariable var1"  ,
|> an error message occurs.
|>
|> Do you know how to cope with that problem?
|>
|> I can't use an entry widget, because the input I expect is
|> longer than one row.

You can use get to retrieve the text from a text widget. If you really
need a variable then you could perhaps use a read trace to get the text.

--

Michael Salmon

#include        <standard.disclaimer>
#include        <witty.saying>
#include        <fancy.pseudo.graphics>

Ericsson Telecom AB
Stockholm

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 21:30:58 GMT

1. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)

2. wish question concerning text widget bindings

3. Text Widget Question...[*.HELP.*]

4. Question: How to hide text in text-widgets

5. nroff formated texts in Tk text widget (this is not a question, this is the answer)

6. Text from text widget - help needed.

7. embedding text widgets in other text widgets

8. question concerning fgets() - please help

9. Some questions concerning prolog, help !!!!!

10. concerning entry widgets

11. Correction to summary text concerning PAL usage

12. Ruby/Gtk, Text widget question