set default icon for new toplevels
Author Message
 set default icon for new toplevels

Tk 8.4a1 Feature:  Generated by Ajuba's bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  Vince Darley
OperatingSystem:  All Windows
Synopsis:  set default icon for new toplevels

ReproducibleScript:
Tcl 8.4 will hopefully include 'winico' support under the 'wm' command.  I've been using winico a lot, and have found one slight shortcoming.  Each time I create a new toplevel I have to set its icon.  It would be much nicer to be able to set the default icon for all new windows.  There seem to be two possible solutions:

(i) if toplevels took an '-icon' option this could be achieved via the option database.
(ii) add a 'tk windowicon <icon>' subcommand, so that this 'icon' is then used by default for all toplevels in the current application.

(The third alternative is to recompile Tk replacing the tk.ico resource, but I'd prefer a script-level solution).

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. default icon / Re: Icon but no minimize ??

2. : Color icon for toplevels

3. Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

4. HELP ME: SET DEFAULT WITH SET PRINT TO LPT1

5. Hash.new(Hash.new) doesn't use Hash.new as default value

6. default setting of unicode set

7. how to set default value of a set of radiobuttons

8. Setting up grab and focus for two toplevels...

9. how to set cursor in *all* toplevels

10. Two questions about new toplevels

11. Default Icon

12. Default icons