Error using Tk script from C program
Author Message
 Error using Tk script from C program

  I'm trying to graft a Tk front-end to an existing application.

  The problem I'm having is that Tcl_EvalFile() fails on my script,
  returning the error `invalid command name "bind"'.

  Do I have to do what wish's main.c does in order to set things up
  (I noticed Tk_CreateMainWindow() causes commands like `bind' to be
  installed), or is there a better way?

                                                       - Bill

Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:31:32 GMT
 Error using Tk script from C program
I would LOVE to see someone write an article in which they take some
useful text or curses based application and add tk to it, showing folk
a) how simple it is and b) how useful it is.

anyone upto adding Tk to say one of the vi clones ?
--
:s

:s Personal: 674 Falls Place,   Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-1614

Mon, 27 Nov 1995 14:27:45 GMT
 Error using Tk script from C program

WS is a widget server designed for use with epoch, the X-aware
extension to emacs written by the good folks at UIUC.  WS provides a
drop down menu bar at the top of the epoch screen, and a single scroll
bar at the right edge of the screen.  The scroll bar moves the
currently selected window in the associated screen.  Menu commands are
normally executed in the context of the screen where you did the menu
selection.

WS is the Tk wish application extended with a new widget class (XENO).
Tk and its companion Tcl provide a flexible environment for Xwindows
widget handling.  New widgets such as panels, listboxes, etc. may be
built in Tk/Tcl and interfaced to epoch via WS.

Actually, for Tcl programmers WS is more than just epoch decorations.
WS reparents an arbitrary Xwindow into the Tk hierarchy.  It handles
resize, map, raise, and such in a reasonable manner, and otherwise
communicates with the Xapplication via Xproperties.  WS might be a
good starting point for coupling an existing Xapp to Tk without
changing sources (or maybe minimizing changes).

Available via email.

--

Tue, 28 Nov 1995 06:17:21 GMT
 Error using Tk script from C program

|> communicates with the Xapplication via Xproperties.  WS might be a
|> good starting point for coupling an existing Xapp to Tk without
|> changing sources (or maybe minimizing changes).

Have you tried that with xterm?
Or have you ideas of how hard it would be?

Eric Madelaine                tel: 33-93657807 (secr. ...7825)
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis        fax: 33-93657766

BP 93
06902 Sophia-Antipolis CEDEX
        FRANCE

Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:42:00 GMT

1. Running a TK script using wish80.exe within a tcl script

2. Need example of working tcl/tk script used as cgi-bin script

3. Header Error Using Redirect Scripts

4. Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?

5. Using Tcl/Tk within Source Navigator : sample script crashes

6. Scripting an Xlib GUI using Tcl Without Tk

7. NT errors on shutdown when Tcl/Tk script calls an external .exe

8. tcl/tk error in startup script

9. Tcl/Tk 8.0 , Error in startup script

10. Using tk apps as scripting languages

11. Script errors not caught by tcl/tk?

12. Help tcl/tk script and Rasmol, send errors