BLT graph: Problem setting colors using RGB notation
Author Message
 BLT graph: Problem setting colors using RGB notation

Hello out there,
in a BLT graph I want to obtain lines with different shades of red. So
I set the colors to #ff0000, #ff1d1d, #ff3a3a etc. - but all lines
appear in a plain red (like #ff0000).

Is there anything that can be done about this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Helmut

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:06:47 GMT
 BLT graph: Problem setting colors using RGB notation

Quote:

> in a BLT graph I want to obtain lines with different shades of red. So
> I set the colors to #ff0000, #ff1d1d, #ff3a3a etc. - but all lines
> appear in a plain red (like #ff0000).

If I understand this, you want one of more elements with different
colors.  If I misunderstand, can you show an example of your code?

There should be no different whether you are using the RGB value
(e.g. #ffffff) or color name (white).

        .graph element configure line1 -color red1
        .graph element configure line2 -color red2
        .graph element configure line3 -color red3
        .graph element configure line4 -color red4

        .graph element configure line1 -color #ff0000
        .graph element configure line2 -color #ee0000
        .graph element configure line3 -color #cd0000
        .graph element configure line4 -color #8b0000

If you want the same element to have different color line segments,
that's different.  You'll need to set up a weight vector (you can
reuse the y-vector) and a style mapping.  You can look at
demos/graph2.tcl as an example.

--gah

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:56:40 GMT
 BLT graph: Problem setting colors using RGB notation
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:56:40 -0000, "George A. Howlett"

Quote:

>> in a BLT graph I want to obtain lines with different shades of red. So
>> I set the colors to #ff0000, #ff1d1d, #ff3a3a etc. - but all lines
>> appear in a plain red (like #ff0000).

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry, my fault. Maybe the shades I used were too close to each other,
or the light was bad (and then it was awfully hot yesterday) or maybe
I should have my eyes checked - in any case, BLT is just doing fine.

Best regards
Helmut

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:17:10 GMT

1. Specify color as RGB values in TK / BLT

2. RGB color to HTML color

3. setting color table of intensity graph

4. Graphing with Tkinter - using BLT?

5. Anyone using BLT graphing much?

6. graphing data from a file using BLT

7. ANNOUNCE: cactus2d simple graphing wish script using BLT

8. BLT 2.4g onHP-UX 10.20 Using graph

9. dynamic graph generation using BLT

10. Is anybody is using BLT GRAPH widget?

11. using more than 256 colors in 3D graph?

12. Problem using ARexx to read rgb file for use with Opalvision