is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results
Author Message
 is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

hi
i am using tcl/tk on windows
i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character

what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more
changes in gui when i port the application on linux

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:35:20 GMT
 is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

Quote:

> i am using tcl/tk on windows
> i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and

The menubar is the system's so it lacks some features.

--

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:01:58 GMT
 is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

Quote:

> hi
> i am using tcl/tk on windows
> i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character

> what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more
> changes in gui when i port the application on linux

Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless you
press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall either
at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
"when you need them".

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:07:51 GMT
 is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

Quote:

> > hi
> > i am using tcl/tk on windows
> > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> > the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first
character

> > what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any
more
> > changes in gui when i port the application on linux

> Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless
you
> press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall
either
> at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
> "when you need them".

XP has the option of not showing the underscores.

Robert

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:20:08 GMT
 is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results
hi , the probable solution for it i have done is to change the system
settings
for that go in control panel (or right click on dsktop)
and go in display properties ,effects
uncheck "hide keyboard navigation indicators untill i use alt key"

now i can see underlined characters

thanks

Quote:

> > hi
> > i am using tcl/tk on windows
> > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> > the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first
character

> > what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any
more
> > changes in gui when i port the application on linux

> Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless
you
> press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall
either
> at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
> "when you need them".

Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:16:36 GMT

1. Compatibility between programs compiled in Microsoft Developer Studio V4.0 and Windows 2000 Professional

2. Help of Fortran 77 in Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or XP.

3. LabVIEW program will not run on Windows 2000

4. Windows 2000 Professional

5. Programs Run Slower After You Install Windows XP SP-1

6. Windows 2000 Professional and clipper debugger

7. About clarion 5.0 Enterprise edition and Windows 2000 Professional

8. Windows 2000 professional

9. Windows 2000 Professional

10. Clipper and Windows 2000 Professional

11. LabView 5.1 and Windows 2000 Professional

12. Microsoft Fortran Powerstation on Windows 2000 NT Professional