looking for csv file database support in TCL
Author Message
 looking for csv file database support in TCL

Hi,

          I am developing one application in TCL. It requires to execute
SQL statements
 on csv files ( comma separated variables )  from the tcl code.

i.e. the csv file will have entries like

Interface , Index
Ethernet0/0, 1
Ethernet0/1, 2
Serial, 3

SQL query is  SELECT INTERFACE WHERE INDEX='1'  from TCL code then I
should be able
 to get the corresponding data for the given query.

       Can anyone of you suggest the TCL packages with database support
( TCL?SQL ).

Thanks,
Chandra

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for csv file database support in TCL
Chandra,
What platform are you running on? If you are on Wintel, you may be able to
set up a ODBC connection to a csv file (Microsoft Text Driver) and use
TCLODBC. I haven't tried it but it should work in theory.

Tom Wilkason

Quote:
> Hi,

>           I am developing one application in TCL. It requires to execute
> SQL statements
>  on csv files ( comma separated variables )  from the tcl code.

> i.e. the csv file will have entries like

> Interface , Index
> Ethernet0/0, 1
> Ethernet0/1, 2
> Serial, 3

> SQL query is  SELECT INTERFACE WHERE INDEX='1'  from TCL code then I
> should be able
>  to get the corresponding data for the given query.

>        Can anyone of you suggest the TCL packages with database support
> ( TCL?SQL ).

> Thanks,
> Chandra

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for csv file database support in TCL

:       Can anyone of you suggest the TCL packages with database support
:( TCL?SQL ).

Take a look at one of the various Tcl extension resource catalogs such as

--

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

2. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

3. Parsing a .CSV file using Tcl

4. ISO: a Tcl/Tk csv file editing app

5. Tcl package for csv files?

6. Parsing CSV file outputting desired information into multiple unique files

7. ASV 0.5 - a library for manipulating simple database formats such as CSV

8. ASV 0.4 - a library for manipulating simple database formats such as CSV

9. ASV 0.3 - a library for manipulating simple database formats such as CSV

10. looking for test tool that supports TCL/TK and works on HP or/and NT

11. look for tcl scripts to support SNMP Research's SNMP stack

12. Looking for C++ code to access Clipper database files