expect ftp error handling
Author Message
 expect ftp error handling

I'm using expect scripts to transfer files. How do i handle ftp failures
and
also check if the file is transferred fully.
Thanx in advance
Senthil

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 expect ftp error handling

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 12:08:02 -0500, Senthil Doraiappan

Quote:

>I'm using expect scripts to transfer files. How do i handle ftp failures
>and

In the last line returned by every command, there is a 3 digit
response code at the beginning of the line.

If that fails, rely on timeouts.

Quote:
>also check if the file is transferred fully.

Do a remote dir, capture file size.
Do a local dir/ls -l, capture file size.
Compare sizes.
Note, won't work with ASCII translated files.

Solution, transfer everything in binary, then
do translation after you've retrieved the file
and confirmed byte count.

Quote:
>Thanx in advance
>Senthil

No, it's inconvenient & everyone should be able to
benefit from the discussion.

--jim

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advice on expect script to handle bad ftp connection

2. handling errors for an ftp process (send command)

3. Expect Telnet Error Handle?

4. handling errors in expect

5. Calling an external prog - timeout and error-handling in Expect

6. expect script and error handling

7. expect: bgerror failed to handle background error.

8. Error handling - Expect under Windows

9. handling errors from spawn'ed commands in Expect

10. Expect spawn error handling

11. expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

12. C5PE Compile Error: err.$$$(1) #6: Error: cif$filewrite The handle is invalid