Drag Objects using motif/tcl-tk
Author Message
 Drag Objects using motif/tcl-tk

Hi,

        I have to create a GUI on which the user should be able to drag objects
like rectangles and diamonds and be able to interconnect them. I am totally new
to motif/tcl-tk and I would like some information as to which of them would provide
these features. Any clues to any other languages and how this can be
implemented would also be appreciated.

        thanks a lot

        Gaurav

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Drag Objects using motif/tcl-tk

Quote:

>    I have to create a GUI on which the user should be able to drag objects
>like rectangles and diamonds and be able to interconnect them. I am totally new
>to motif/tcl-tk and I would like some information as to which of them would provide
>these features. Any clues to any other languages and how this can be
>implemented would also be appreciated.

I think you have the wrong newsgroup. In this context, TCL stands for the THINK
Class Library. Was that what you wanted?

-rich-

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Drag Objects using motif/tcl-tk

Quote:

> I have to create a GUI on which the user should be able to drag
> objects like rectangles and diamonds and be able to
> interconnect them. I am totally new to motif/tcl-tk and I would
> like some information as to which of them would provide these
> features. Any clues to any other languages and how this can be
> implemented would also be appreciated.

This is easy to do in Tcl/Tk, but I don't have any good examples
due to my tending to use a hybrid of Tcl and C which is very hard
to understand (even with the comments :^) I suppose it is my
fault for wanting to use objects that aren't directly supported
in the graphics package, but have to be produced from several
components, as this isn't very good for performance...

Tcl/Tk is also very good for producing the rest of the user
interface for an application.

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows, (at work)          |  Donal K. Fellows, (at home)
Dept. of Computer Science,           |  6, Randall Place, Heaton,

           See my home page at   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/
  My WWW pages are now available by mail. Send mail to me with the Subject:
                      WWW-Mail: whatever_URL_you_want

Mon, 05 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drag/Drop between Motif and Tcl/Tk

2. Drag and drop between Tk and Motif applications

3. using SCO's Visual Tcl (Motif extension on Tcl toolkit)

4. Embedd Motif objects into Tk widgets

5. Connection MOTIF - Tk (Was: MOTIF bindings considered less harmful)

6. Tcl/Tk shell/Motif tool/language

7. Elk (+ Motif) vs STk vs Guile (+ Tcl/Tk)

8. Scheme/Motif versus Tcl/Tk

9. Embedding Motif window in Tcl/TK window

10. tcl/tk to Motif conversion

11. Motif under Tcl/Tk]

12. Tcl/Tk version of Motif's XmTrackingEvent